Lagging out on final - Laggin out.. sigh

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well, i posted this early with fc1, and said that i was having the problem of getting booted from rooms if i alt tab for 10 seconds and come back, the room was frozen, and i had to log out and re-log in.... I thought something was going to be done about this, but apparently not =(

Not only that, but if i sit in the lobby for 5 minutes, i get lagged out as well, randomly, in the middle of conversations with people..............................
-Ricochet
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

I just got the 1.5 update tonight and In the past hour I have lagged out 5 times. What is up with that?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Does it happen with 1.4 as well? The networking code in 1.5 final is identical to that of 1.4.
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

my laggout problems is gone with final. its their sucky connections
Acheron LoA&BME
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

acheron, my connect problem RIPS the shit outta ur connection, steady, i dont get disconnected , just from myth, so keep ur stupid ass comments to yourself.

it was happening in 1.4.3, which is why i hardly played, beta #1 it was fixed, #2 it was fixed, fc1 it happened again, now in the final it's happening again... sigh
-Ricochet
CIK

Post by CIK »

:sigh: it's because we went back to the 1.4.x network code because of reports of problems with the ones in beta's of 1.5. So if you had the problem under 1.4.x this makes a lot of sense. Could you post your OS info so we have it for future reference.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

XP pro.... wat else do you need?
-Ricochet
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

This keeps happening I alt tab and come back lagged out. Plus it has been happening just randomly while I'm in a room. It is not my connect and has never happened with this frequency until the 1.5 final. Another thing that is happening is while I am in a room all of a sudden I cant type messages rather I type them and they don't appear in the room when I hit enter whatever I type just dissapears from message line. Then I cant switch rooms or do anything so I have to log out and log back in. Like I said I have never had these any of these probs until 1.5 final.
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

in 1.4 i lagged out not its fine. No need to be so rude rico...

Play myth and have fun!
Acheron LoA&BME
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

alright, well, i'm getting lagged out an average of 10 times in 5 minutes... kinda unbearable........ anything. ANYTHING i can do to help this? cause otherwise i'm f00ked til the next patch comes out........
-Ricochet
CIK

Post by CIK »

Trying not to be rude, but you'll be forked until you help us figure out what the cause of the problem is. Because at this point 1.5 should work as good has 1.4 did. Based on our feedback from the various things we tried during the beta builds the 1.4 code base seemed to be the one that worked the best for most folks. First thing we could use is some detail info about your system and net connection.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

optimum online, 6.5mbps down, 1mbps upload...

3.2ghz Extreme Edition, 2 gigs of ram, 800 MHz FSB, Pentium 4, 160 GB HD, Cd rw / DVD rw Drive, DVD ROM drive, ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256 MB Graphics Card, audigy 2 sound card... (Dell XPS)

XP professional
-Ricochet
CIK

Post by CIK »

Have you installed SP1 for XP? When you had issues under 1.4.x did you have 2gigs of RAM back then? Also a dump from dxdiag might be helpful for us to see if anything different.

And let me get this straight:
1.4.x lagged out
1.5 PB#1 lagged out
1.5 PB#2 worked
1.5 fc1 lagged out
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

1.4.3 lagged out, can't remember the ones before it,
#1 was fine,
#2 was fine,
fc1, lagged out
final lags out

Yes i have SP1 for XP...

here is my DxDiag file http://maneri6.com/DxDiag.txt
-Ricochet
kabal

Post by kabal »

I randomly freeze in perfect hosts in 1.5 that I never did in any other version of myth 2 so tell me why I am