No way to submit a bug report, etc. - This is why there are no new bug reports

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Beanstalk

Post by Beanstalk »

Doesn't let me submit bug reports (You do not have permission; tried registering and logging in, does the same thing; I assume it was only during the beta), so I'm using this.

Second: there is no contact email for this site, at least none I came across by checking almost every page. This is "Inconvenient."

Third: Since the final patch for M2, occasionally when I try to look at someone's stats, it doesn't load the data. The result is that the chatroom crashes for me, and I am essentially ignored by the playmyth server for a period of about 5 minutes, which is why attempting to relog immediately fails. Please Note: This never happened BEFORE 1.5 at all.

Fourth: Dodging and missing still occur when a target is standing still. Perhaps this should've been remedied, but it clearly wasn't.

Fifth: Occasionally there is an "unnamed Dagger user" inside a game, which noone can explain, and which prevents the full number of people from joining (one short is the max that can get in), and which never BEFORE was seen until 1.5 beta testing began.

Sixth: Here's a piece of logic, not universally true, but in several cases: Myth 2 is an OLD game. Some people who play Myth 2 do NOT have newer computer systems, and this is partly the reason they pick an OLD game.

This sixth note replies to the claim by one of your personnel on another forum, that "Myth 2 runs faster for many users." The users whose systems it runs faster on are usually persons with Fast computers. This is quite similar in design to the U.S. Government's methodology of taxation and interest, which generally changes in favor of those who already have an abundance of money, while the less rich are shafted.

I am one of the persons who was Shafted in the patch. Several areas in ww2 recon drop below 10fps and cause tons of local (my computer's side) reaction lag, which impairs my ability to react and issue commands. In other places, it is mostly just a nuisance and a little frustrating. In all, I have lost about 40% of my frame rate in the highest-demand areas. This is in Mac OS 9. In OS X, the game simply isn't playable on my Blue&White G3.

Claim that people didn't submit "official bug reports in the proper place," and I'll claim that it was made inconvenient to do so, and that That was the cause of any deficiency of response. If you're really trying to make things, especially the games, better for us players, then for god's sake...Give us the forum to speak in, and listen to us.
Beanstalk

Post by Beanstalk »

On a second note, MANY Winboxes seem to have major issues with hosting, the game frequently crashing upon pressing start since 1.5b2, and it still exists in 1.5 Final. I have heard that changing to software mode may prevent crashing, but this kind of compensation shouldn't have to be made.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Ok, you've mentioned a lot of things here, so I'll take them one by one.

The bug reporter was taken offline when the final was released, but you're right it should be reinstated, especially as there will be a 1.5.1. In the meantime reporting them here on the forum is fine. You want us to give you a forum to speak in? Here it is, and you're speaking in it :)

The failure to load stats + crashing of the chatroom is a new one as far as I know. Thanks for bringing it up, we'll see if the developers are able to reproduce and fix it.

Re dodging and missing, I assume you mean ww2. Every known bug in ww2 from the earlier betas that was demonstrated in a film or which we joined games to try and identify _was_fixed_ in the final release. If you're still seeing problems with accuracy then I'd recommend forwarding me a film - iron(at)projectmagma.net and I'll gladly watch it. I'm able to activate 1.3 gameplay mode at any point in the film to verify whether what's happening is buggy or not, and yes bullets did miss in 1.3.

The "unnamed Dagger" is caused by people using telnet or similar clients to join games. It was a problem before 1.5 and was used to crash hosts. I don't know why more people would be trying it now.

The probable cause of your loss of fps was that 1.5 is a carbon app, whereas 1.4.x had both carbon and native "classic" versions. Carbon apps do not have the same low-level access to hardware and can therefore suffer performance wise, but having said that, many of our testers on pre OSX systems had no fps loss at all with 1.5.

As for not submitting bug reports in the right place, honestly I don't care where they're submitted provided that they are submitted. Many people prefer to moan to each other but tell us nothing, so I'm glad you've stepped forward with these issues.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

just to elaborate on the fifth point, the unnamed dagger isn't only a result of people trying to telnet into a game, it's a bug that has occurred in every version of myth since tfl 1.0.

actually, i've not played enough m3 to see it happen, so maybe it doesn't happen there.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
kabal

Post by kabal »

it doesn't happen in M3 as far as I know and I have played alot of games
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Beanstalk,

I have a PowerMacG3 Blue&White 350mhz with 640mb RAM, I can run Myth 2 very well and run OSX smoothly. Myth 2 1.5 FINAL works fine on my G3.

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

Beanstalk wrote:Fifth: Occasionally there is an "unnamed Dagger user" inside a game, which noone can explain, and which prevents the full number of people from joining (one short is the max that can get in), and which never BEFORE was seen until 1.5 beta testing began.
This problem happened long before 1.5, it was happening back in 1.1 Myabe you just haven't noticed it before

It is not as iron described people trying to telnet into the game, the problem has been around long before that little exploit was discovered.
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
Alan

Post by Alan »

I'm almost positive the black dagger is caused exclusively by someone connecting to a host via a non-Myth client (telnet as an example)

Also there is a new term on PlayMyth that has been coined to describe the new dodging/missing problems, it's called 'Crow dodging'. Go ahead and see if any active ww2er has heard of it