Server

Talk about anything here.
supes

Post by supes »

Can you guys make the server work again. I am bored.
CIK

Post by CIK »

I take it that pm.net has kicked the bucket again.....well I guess they are cutting there teeth on that new hardware they just got.

We don't have anything to do with PlayMyth, so there is much we can do. Mb in time things will change.....
shinco

Post by shinco »

Somebody said something about Bloo moving?

Perhaps that's the "problem"
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Yeah, Bloo is moving all his computers to his new house...try back tomorrow Supes.

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
Blades

Post by Blades »

PlayMyth.net is back up and functional. Alan is with his kids and Joe is moving this weekend so nobody's really minding the ship. I got wind of the outage and have gone ahead and taken care of it. If this happens in the future, please don't hesitate to drop an email to nollusion@yahoo.com in addition to the regular PlayMyth support addresses and we'll get it rectified. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PlayMyth will be around for a very long time to come to provide a free place for Myth players to play. The one thing you can count on is that PlayMyth will always be free. End of story.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

That's nice. Since when has there ever been a pay-server?

-ooga
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

ooga, Blades's masked insinuation is reffering to snippets of information he heard some time ago. At one point, there was a hope of getting Myth share-wared. The idea was, of course, to make the game available to more players as it's hard to find anywhere now other than on ebay.

I don't know how this idea was discussed at PlayMyth, so I don't know exactly what Blades may have heard or even what Bloo's and Alan's plans were, but after brainstorming here at Project Magma, the hope for the way it would work was this:

People would be able to download new updates of the various Myth games. If you already owned the game, you could just download the update. If you didn't already own the game, you could download the whole thing along with the update, but in order to use certain features (most likely the multi-player server option) you'd have to pay a shareware fee to T2 and possibly UD. Then you'd get a unqiue key that let you play on a server - or more likely, you'd simply have to pay for a new server account if you wanted to use one of the updates there. None of the money was to go to Project Magma and players with pre-existing accounts on PMnet or Mnet wouldn't have to pay anything.

I wasn't part of the negotiations, but from what I understand, the deal fell through because the owners wanted something like $20 for each shareware key, which frankly, is more than we think anyone would pay for an old game like Myth, and there was a lot of red tape to go through to even have a chance at making it happen.

At any rate, if you've read any of Clem's or Blades's accusations on the PMnet forums regarding Magma's postion on pay services, open sourcing or whatever they're bitching about, you can rest assured nothing has changed on our end since day one.

Edited By ChrisP on 1080583323