William wallet, da cid, you out there!? - Final level of myth: freedom!

Talk about anything here.
Tornberry

Post by Tornberry »

I still can't get the final level of Myth: Freedom! to work. Upon loading the mesh in Loathing, it crashes the program right away.

I think Da Cid told me not too long ago on PlayMYth.net that William Wallet fixed this issue? I'd really love to play that last level! It was a such a great 12 level solo! (Well, 11 for me...)
Tornberry

Post by Tornberry »

By the way, I played both secret levels and watched the credits. The only thing I'm missing is the final level which will not load. I also notice that "Orcish Strike" and "The Homefront" sometimes crash or fail to load. Maybe a memory issue?
Unkfolt

Post by Unkfolt »

What about the Provincial Cavalry map? Have you guys ever fixed that one? I think it looks cool and want to play it.
"Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known."
-Carl Sagan
William Wallet Zebonka Ke

Post by William Wallet Zebonka Ke »

Hiya all! Haven't been here in a while, the new forum scared me somewhat. That, and I'm hard at work on FREEDOM II!!!! (self plug)

First up - I STILL have that separate plugin kicking around on my computer Tornberry. I should be able to get it to you - but I have no way of knowing if the level will work or not, because I never found out what was wrong in the first place :(

And Unkfolt - the cavalry thing, by itself, was never fixed. However, I've fixed the collection, added the ability to charge (thanks 1.4!) and the finished unit will be in...
<timpani roll>

FREEDOM II : THE EAST!!!
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

And... one more thing. 'Homefront' and 'Orcish Strike' were both levels with kinda zealous unit placing - that is, lots of troops. I don't know why they should crash in particular though... I mean. If I knew more about Myth itself, I'd have a better time of fixing it.

Hopefully I can get that 'fixed' final level to you. And hopefully the next Freedom won't be so buggy. (soon I'll be getting Cid to put up pictures of what we've been making...)
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

What is Myth: Freedom? Is it a Civil War plugin? Where can I download it! It seems quite interesting and fun.

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

sorry to push details on this Kru...but how can it look fun? There's no screens of it you silly bum :P It can sound fun though :D

I think I recall seeing some screens of Freedom II: The East.....new units thanks to william wallet iirc :) Haxord somewhat...but they look pretty damn flawless. Warriors riding on horseback....nice idea for cavalry :)
Unkfolt

Post by Unkfolt »

Yeah, I liked the cavalry's appearance. It will probably get criticized for being hax00red but I think it's cool. You actually inspired me to make a wolf-riding breUnor and a pig-riding dwarf, but I got sick of it just trying to make all the sequences. :p
"Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known."
-Carl Sagan
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

Graydon wrote:sorry to push details on this Kru...but how can it look fun? There's no screens of it you silly bum :P It can sound fun though :D
yes but he isn't hearing the words he is reading them :;):
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

nah, haxoored is fine by me.

as I said, Cid and I will put up screens of Both Freedoms on our site.
Tornberry

Post by Tornberry »

Hurray! William's here! Oh, awesome!

I'll be glad to get that last level fix, or even the entire thing again (with the fixes) whenever you can. I've got AIM, IRC, and I'm also on the uDogs Hotline server.

Glad you're back!

I'll be playing Freedom 2 when the time comes. :)
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Well I have to be honest - there wasn't a fix as such. I merely separated the last level and made a plugin with all the necessary files. It's far smaller than the complete campaign - but as before, it has no guarantee of working.
However, I'd be willing to try it.
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

What is the URL to your site William Wallet? I can't access the link in your signature(if it is the site), since my school blocks the site.

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

What? You're kidding... damn. Ah well, if you can, look at it from somewhere else, as it is McCoolness' site.

Still no luck on the screenshots and stuff we were going to do. I guess it'd help if I took some screenshots and wrote some stuff for Cid to put up (as it's his actual website, I just comandeered it for McCl purposes).

However, believe you me, we will eventually have stuff up about Freedom.
Tornberry

Post by Tornberry »

Well, if you do not mind, is there some way you can send me that last level on its own then? Maybe I could find some way to get it to work. Would be much easier than this entire plugin right now. :)