Map editing

Talk about anything here.
BCP

Post by BCP »

Allright, I realize that this post may belong on the mapmaking forum, but it seems to be slightly more general. I downloaded Myth 1.4.3 and then Blue and Grey. I much desire to edit maps with the use of these fine features. But it seems there is a lack of communication betwee the old tag extractor and the new 1.4 plugins. I can't extract the tags to edit in Fear and Loathing. The File M2SB stuff isn't there anymore so I don't know what to do. In essence I can't edit Blue and Grey maps or import Blue and Grey units. I downloaded the new version of Fear but it appears to be more PC friendly. I have both a PC and a Mac but most of my editing is done on the Mac. If anyone has any advice as to wjat I should do, please run it by me. I love 1.4 I'm just getting used to this slightly different sway of things. I have to add also that Blue and Grey is a marvelous creation. A tribute to Creationgames especially. And as a Civil War re-enactor I find the details and accuracy of design to be right on. So yeah great plugin. I'd love to utilize its features.
Thanks,
BCP
a.k.a
Galatone
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Topaz disassembles Blue and Grey just fine for me, not sure what could be the cause of your problems here. :o([/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
BCP

Post by BCP »

isn't Topaz for PC only, least that's what I always thought. Fer Mac I've just always used plain ole' tag extractor, it's worked fine in the past. It just seems the 1.4 format doen't connect. I dunno...
anyway thanks fer responding

BCP
A.K.A
Galatone
--It is a good day to die--
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Aye Topaz is PC only and Tag Extractor is whats used for Macs. MB someone else can verify this, but I think you have to run in classic mode in order to still use that app ??

::guessing as I dont know squat about Macs::[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
BCP

Post by BCP »

The problem I'm having with tag extractor is this...When I go to drag the tagset onton the tag extractor, the tag extractor does not respond, I wave the icon over it a couple dozen times with no response. I double check with an older plugin and it works fine.
Sorry if these posts are a bit jumbled, I'm just confused as to how to format these new plugins properly. Any other mac friendly tag extractors you know of, please run them by me...
Cheers,

BCP
--It is a good day to die--
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Hmmm, well, sorry, I dont know what else could be the problem or where or even if there is another tag extractor for Mac.

Ill direct Iron this way next I see him if he hasnt made a reply here by then.

Sorry, best I can do. :o([/color]
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I've had that error a few times in the past with Tag Extractor.....I just rebooted classic and tried again...presto. Have you tried going under File-->Open and selecting the tagset from the menu? Occasionaly it doesnt read the file properly when dropping the plug onto the app. Give that a shot mb?
Gholsbane

Post by Gholsbane »

Yeah, this problem occurs sometimes when plugins don't have creator types set properly. You can force Tag Extractor to open the plugin by holding the option key down while dragging it onto the app. I only found this out recently myself and it's saved me so much time launching ResEdit to change the creator codes..
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

No wei! That's a hell of a fix to know! SWEEET.

I have a nifty little app that somebody made...forget who...someone's older bro made it...anyhow...drop any app onto it and it converts the creator and filetypes to make it a myth 2 file. Called MythConverter....was never officially released. I should upload it to magma's Useful Tools folder perhaps....saves TONS of time :)

Edited By Graydon on 1082051877
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
I have a nifty little app that somebody made...forget who...someone's older bro made it...
Sphtman`s Bro mb ??

BTW, where the hell has he been ?? Its like he knew I was coming back to Michigan and he went into hiding, and after all the talk of how I wouldnt get past the hobo`s on 8 mile if I came back and decided to drop in on him, HE goes AWOL. :o([/color]