Mazz 6, Gearing Up!

Talk about anything here.
pompey

Mazz 6, Gearing Up!

Post by pompey »

Is nobody else getting psyched up by the prospect of Mazz 6 on September 1?

Mazzarin's Demise has been the most captivating addition to the game since I started playing when TFL first came out. Two of my friends and I continue to play Mazz 5 at least once a week despite the fact that we have jobs and wives and other ways to spend the late night hours. Although the last successful win was on Simple difficulty, the three of us play on Legendary now in anticipation of the new version's release. We've made it to blood thrall, but things sure do get messy when you're micromanaging 15+ units.

Are there any hints as to whether the testing is on schedule?
Is delay likely?
Will we see a teaser video like the week prior to Mazz 5's release?
Is there a new color map?
Are 1.5.2 expansions being utilized with the map in order to enlarge it?
Is Godzfire involved in the production as per his suggestions on the Map Making board? I was thrilled by the potential for those storyline-relevant changes that would seem to maintain the intensity and challenge of the map.
Regardless, are there any sneak peeks at changes that are being made?

I'm on the edge of my seat here, folks.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

I don't think testing is on schedule. ChrisP said he wanted Mazz 6 to be new. So he's probably only allowing a few others to beta test it.
Delay is a possibility, but you never know. ChrisP set the date, and he could change it if something serious comes up.
I have no idea about a video. It's possible.
A new colour map is quite likely.
1.5.2 expansions are possible, but they may be only focused on the units and scripting. These are available in the latest builds of Fear and Loathing.
Godzfire may be involved. Ask him about it.
Sneak peaks are highly unlikely, if not impossible. Like I said above, ChrisP wants this to be new and spoiling it will not make anyone happy.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Lugas wrote:I don't think testing is on schedule. ChrisP said he wanted Mazz 6 to be new. So he's probably only allowing a few others to beta test it.
That doesn't mean it's not on schedule. That just means less people are testing it. Hey, if CP was the only one testing it, it'd still be on schedule.

It depends on who's schedule you refer to.
-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

My schedule cid. My schedule.

Im pumped.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Hi pompey, glad you're looking forward to Mazzarin's Demise VI. :) Production is going very, very well, but when I announced it, I said "September", not "September 1st". At least I hope I did. ;)

More than anything else, the release date will depend upon when the Magma programmers release Myth II 1.6 (so many goodies have been added that it's no longer going to be called 1.5.2). Development of Mazzarin's Demise VI has been so closely tied to Myth II development that almost every new beta of the plugin has also required the very newest beta of Myth II to run. And there have been a lot of betas of both. Anyway, there's no point in releasing the plugin until, at the very least, there's a public beta of Myth II 1.6 released as well - and all I know about that schedule is that 1.6 won't be released till it's ready. Rest assured, however, that it's being worked on religiously.

It's somewhat possible there will be a teaser video, but that's up to woof, one of the beta testers.

There is a superb new color map courtesy of Iron Duke. If you're not familiar with his work, I recommend checking out some of his maps on our download page to bide the time till Mazz 6 is released. ;)

Godzfire is not personally involved in the project though you may see certain similarities to his suggestions.

No other sneak peaks, I'm afraid, but I will say that a lot of thought has gone into making it as fun for three player groups like yours as it is for big fourteen player teams.
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

So will this mean people will have to upgrade to 1.6 to play it then?
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
pompey

Post by pompey »

ChrisP wrote:Hi pompey, glad you're looking forward to Mazzarin's Demise VI. :) Production is going very, very well, but when I announced it, I said "September", not "September 1st". At least I hope I did. ;)
I double-checked :oops: Yes it must have just been selective forum reading to assume it was the beginning of the month.

I'm actually more pleased that it will be delayed in order to capitalize on a new version of Myth. I've been extremely impressed by the past updates, and can only imagine what sort of new delights await in Mazz 6 / Myth 1.6 .
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Well, if you ask me, there's even better reasons to upgrade to 1.6, and I'm not trying to be humble. But yeah, Mazz 6 will crash Myth II 1.5.1 forty different ways, so 1.6 will be required.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

lol sweet my name got brought into here seemingly out of nowhere!

Chris, we need to talk. I believe I must help test this thing, since I did, after all, make a suggest thread and offer all those suggestions :-)
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

ChrisP wrote:
Well, if you ask me, there's even better reasons to upgrade to 1.6, and I'm not trying to be humble. But yeah, Mazz 6 will crash Myth II 1.5.1 forty different ways, so 1.6 will be required.
And 1.6 will run of course under Windows Vista only ;) :D So there is still chance 2 play Halo2 Pc for me.... ;)

<- also awaits MDVI very unpatiently
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Tireces wrote:And 1.6 will run of course under Windows Vista only
Ew.

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Tireces wrote: And 1.6 will run of course under Windows Vista only
This is indeed very disturbing... :shock:

Intel Mac wrote: Now that Myth 2 is Universal, we can start our plans for World Domination. :twisted:
Oh my god, we're all going to die!
Last edited by Lugas on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Whoops. Double Posting!
Last edited by Lugas on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
pompey

Post by pompey »

It may be pushing the "hints" category too far, but when you mention that...
a lot of thought has gone into making it as fun for three player groups like yours as it is for big fourteen player teams.
...my hope is that you won't make a mandatory change in the game based on number of players involved. The idea of a three-man command team working as hard as the dozen or more players is appealing to me. It would be a shame to be forced to play an easier version of the game simply based on the assumption that a handful of players can't beat the "real" version of the map.

I may be way off base in reading your statement, though.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

There gonna be a Mazz VI Challenge like you had for III/IV/V? I'll post it and its result on Wikipedia when it happens with all the other tournies ;O