A Myth Movie Event: The Rise & Fall of TFL

Talk about anything here.
capital

A Myth Movie Event: The Rise & Fall of TFL

Post by capital »

The Rise & Fall of Myth:TFL takes center stage in this short film.

Download links:

Rise & Fall - Medium - 39.4M

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... Medium.wmv

Note: copy & paste complete url

Rise & Fall - Small - 18.6M

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 0Small.wmv

Note: copy & paste complete url

Please note that the movie files are in .wmv format. If you are on a mac, you can make use of flip4mac plugin to view .wmv files in your Quicktime player.

Follow the links below for additional info:
flip4mac
or
Windows Media Components for Quicktime[/i]
Last edited by capital on Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

You can't spell your own name, "Captial".

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Nah! ITs one of those things that changes spelling and meaning from time to time. Like the name David.

-DA
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Death's Avatar wrote:Nah! ITs one of those things that changes spelling and meaning from time to time. Like the name David.

-DA
The name David? How so?

What, like David > Da Cid?

Well shut up, Marcell!
-TGP-

On another note, now that I've watched it, why does everyone think that getting the head in from ten feet away is such a fête? HAVE YOU EVER GOTTEN IT IN FROM THE START OF THE LEVEL?

YES? Well okay, so have I!
-TGP-
capital

Post by capital »

Its an eye opener that a movie is posted for enjoyment and all you can do is nit pick.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I enjoyed it capital. Good Job :D
That thing about blasting Balor's head into the devoid with a satchel was cool. I never knew you could do that.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

I'd heard that it could be blasted in, and I know you can also heal soulblighter to get rid of him, but I prefer extreme drama for the final moment of the game. I always set up the trick recommended in the strategy guide--using three dwarves as decoys and sending the other on a mad rush toward the devoid. Usually he doesn't make it before SB kills the other three and then gets to him, but often I can get the dwarf's death to propel the head in if I time his throw perfectly. Much more fun that way!

A-Red
capital

Post by capital »

A-Red wrote:I'd heard that it could be blasted in, and I know you can also heal soulblighter to get rid of him, but I prefer extreme drama for the final moment of the game. I always set up the trick recommended in the strategy guide--using three dwarves as decoys and sending the other on a mad rush toward the devoid. Usually he doesn't make it before SB kills the other three and then gets to him, but often I can get the dwarf's death to propel the head in if I time his throw perfectly. Much more fun that way!

A-Red
heh, that's a real adrenaline rush!
I enjoyed it capital. Good Job
That thing about blasting Balor's head into the devoid with a satchel was cool. I never knew you could do that.
Good to hear! :)
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Great work, Cap >:-] A shining tribute to a fabulous game. I've just reloaded TFL to reminisce a little.

I look forward to the Director's Cut DVD, featuring such wonderful features as:

The animal etchings on the plains of 5 Champions;
Mudpit 3r2g0s;
The Stickler Warz;
An OH map close-up of a STB kick-off in carnage dark;
The Marathon logo sighting;
The stuck zerk and bleeding ground on that wet ffa map... the name of which I can't remember.

-Oro
capital

Post by capital »

Oroboros wrote:Great work, Cap >:-] A shining tribute to a fabulous game. I've just reloaded TFL to reminisce a little.

I look forward to the Director's Cut DVD, featuring such wonderful features as:

The animal etchings on the plains of 5 Champions;
Mudpit 3r2g0s;
The Stickler Warz;
An OH map close-up of a STB kick-off in carnage dark;
The Marathon logo sighting;
The stuck zerk and bleeding ground on that wet ffa map... the name of which I can't remember.

-Oro
Heh, now that you mention the stuck zerk, et al. I must say I had a ton of footage left over (about 29 gigs : 60 minutes of raw footage) When it came to press into service all those gigs, I had to do a lot of editing to just get a small fraction of the total footage into the space of ~6 mins. However, considering I am dialup, I am not sure an extended DVD could be that forthcoming, however look for a new myth teaser movie soon(TM).
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Thanks for putting that together cap, it was really enjoyable! I particularly liked the chain kicking demo around the 4:20 mark :D
woof •FoG•

Post by woof •FoG• »

iron wrote:Thanks for putting that together cap, it was really enjoyable! I particularly liked the chain kicking demo around the 4:20 mark :D
That part gave me shell shock flashbacks from days when I was on the receiving end. Passworded games soon followed ;)

It also reminded me of the time my zerk started attacking itself. OMG now that was a great bug, err feature... watching your own unit swinging its sword at the air while bleeding out and dying. Gawd I wish I kept films.

Good stuff cap! Hehehe the Monday Night Football music is classic!
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

capital wrote:Its an eye opener that drink pepsia movie is posted for enjoyment and all you can do is reebok nit pick.
Product placement much??? :(
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em