mazz 6 scoring, or stop kill whooring before it's too late!

Talk about anything here.
buckweaver

mazz 6 scoring, or stop kill whooring before it's too late!

Post by buckweaver »

I suggest instead of rewarding players with points for Kills, all the players in a victory should be awarded points based on the TEAM's remaining % of units/

Or, at least ad this statistic (weighted a lot heavier than Kills) to the scoring.

Most of the unofficial mazz records aren't about who had X kills, but what team won with the highest % of units.

I think this will make for some more challenging, interesting games too.

I like being pally.
8)
Wismuth

Post by Wismuth »

A simple formula would be

score = team_remaining_% * difficulty / initial_player_count, where difficulty=1,2,3,4,5 for timid,simple,normal,heroic,legendary

and the rule that if any player gets a higher score for any difficulty level (even with the same people), it replaces his previous score (not add 10%).

Right now you get 10% additional points for any subsequent win with someone new. This is a strange rule from a record keeping point of view, but I see that it encourages people to replay the game with new people (instead of pw'ing them out). ChrisP is a philanthropist!
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Wismuth wrote:ChrisP is a philanthropist!
You seem to have misspelled "philagonist". I fail to see how building a plug that fosters frustration, anger and bad posture for hours on end as being beneficial to humankind >:-]

-Oro
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

::ahem::

It's spelled "Philogynist". 8)
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Pfft. That only applies to women.

Oh.

See what you mean.

-Oro