Warrior Block/Sheild

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Nekura

Warrior Block/Sheild

Post by Nekura »

Is there a way to increase the chance of a Warrior blocking or use a special abillity to tell a warrior when to block? Also, can units have more than one special abillity?

Thanks for help! :D
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Check the Legionary in The Seventh God. I think its up for download on Myth Addicts site. Link?
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Nekura

Post by Nekura »

Each time I open the sheild block projectile to see how it works fear quits. Could some one tell me how the abillity works? Also unit just appears as Soulblighter in loathing. I don't think it was copied right.

Edit: I think this has to do with having older version of fear. I thought it had been patched in with 1.5.1
Edit2:Nope does the same thing with fear 1.5.2
SiliconDream

Post by SiliconDream »

The Legionary just drops a short-lived, hovering projectile that either detonates constantly or constantly drops insta-detonating contrails--don't remember which. The constant detonations give you the combined repulsion and damage to block incoming attacks; tweak as necessary so that enemy projectiles will be destroyed or bounced fairly reliably, but won't be blasted away at unrealistic speeds. (This may require also tweaking the damage resistances of those projectiles.) Another thing to fine-tune is the damage radius--you want it large enough to stop projectiles coming from the front or above, but not so large it kicks up any debris on the ground.

I'm sure it can be made more effective under newer versions of the Myth engine, so you might as well make it from scratch.
--SiliconDream