Alien Dark Tide (ADT) - Anywhere - Strangelet contact?

Talk about anything here.
Baak

Alien Dark Tide (ADT) - Anywhere - Strangelet contact?

Post by Baak »

Well, I went ahead and created Alien Dark Tide - Anywhere tonight, and we (the OoH) will be testing it Saturday night in our weekly match.

Before I post it publicly I want to ask if anyone has a contact for Strangelet. I doubt it, but want to ask. strangelet (at) lineone.net is the only email I have and he never got back to me the last time I tried this one (back in 2004) when asking about material for the JIHAD ADT Solo. I've gone ahead and sent another email to this addy asking for his blessing. Odds of hearing back from it are 7143.7:1 against.

I'll plan to post ADT Anywhere sometime in the next few days after we test it Saturday, as getting people to play ADT is probably a-ok with Strangelet - wherever he is.

Dang, I may have managed to get the unit conversions balanced well enough that it's actually more playable than on the ADT maps! Holy cow - or should I say Rhynth... ;)
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

At least the odds aren't 2^267709:1 against! :)
The cake is a lie.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Heh - they may be! This time the email kicked back - no recipient at that address...
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

i've been looking for stranegelet too..

i know he was in a band called "Mentally transmitted disease"
one of their song was published along with a few other bands and i tried contacting them, but never got an asnwer.
Baak

Post by Baak »

My take is: as long as you make a best effort to contact the original author, give them proper credit in whatever derivative work you create, don't diminish their original work in any way (i.e. ruin or disparage it), and don't make any $$$ off it, it's "ok" until you hear otherwise from them.

This is my personal philosophy on the matter.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

unless you want to contact them about non-myth related business.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Zeph wrote:unless you want to contact them about non-myth related business.
Well I think Baak's guidelines (similar to my own) on the topic still apply.

e.g. Whatever you want to contact them about, just make the best effort you can to contact them and if you can't get a hold of them you can just make up their answers and assume that what you imagined is what they would say unless and until you hear otherwise.

;)
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
stranger

Post by stranger »

strangelet's AIM handle is strangelet3345.
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

serously its like every other day i have to update my plugins folder :) idont mind diong that its jsut that...well does anyone play ADT anymore???

I still do but noone else ever has the plugins

-Sonixboom
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

when you have big games with your biggest myth clan, just tell everyone to go download and have an ADT night