The Fortress of Doom Final!

Talk about anything here.
Soulblaster

The Fortress of Doom Final!

Post by Soulblaster »

Once more, a master battle between the light and dark takes place in an awesome fortress with TSG scenery, featuring some haxo units and many hidden secrets. With an imaginative script based originally on Ghost's map, Requiem of the Dead, you will certainly enjoy the game play as well as its features. Be ready to face "THE ULTIMA", a horrible and evil creature, which only a few in the myth world had the chance of knowing...

Thats it peeps, my newest "plug in" is finished, packed and ready to be played! Thanks a lot to all beta testers, who really cared about the conclusion of it, and for all the support and feedback they gave me along the process. I really hope you enjoy this map and have fun as never before...:). If any question regarding the game, dont be shy to email me.

The Fortress of Doom Final can be found at:
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... loads/TFD/
Soulblaster
vinylrake

Re: The Fortress of Doom Final!

Post by vinylrake »

Soulblaster wrote:...Be ready to face "THE ULTIMA", a horrible and evil creature, which only a few in the myth world had the chance of knowing...
w00t! A new map!

ps. I remember the Ultima.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

cool, a trow iron warrior :)
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

you should upload it to the tain soulblaster.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

I've done it alredy doobie...thanks for the link DA
Baak

Post by Baak »

Sweet! :D

P.S. I play golf with the Ultima.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

question: I have myth 1.6.0 build 289 on a MAC and when it loads it crashes.
any ideas?
do I need another plugin altogether with this to make it work?
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

carlinho wrote:question: I have myth 1.6.0 build 289 on a MAC and when it loads it crashes.
any ideas?
do I need another plugin altogether with this to make it work?
Download the latest 1.6.0 which is build 290 and try again.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

uhhh...sorry! what an idiot I am...haha thanks!
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

Heh Carlinho, as simple as that... many players go oos or even crash playing this plug and many other maps using old myth plattaforms...So, for those who doesnt know yet, myth 1.6.0 v290 (latest) can be found at:

http://tain.totalcodex.net

By the way, good job with Ancient & Classical Greece plugin!
Enculator

Post by Enculator »

Hey, I played it a little yesterday.
We were only 2 and we were crushed to the death on normal difficulty, but it was still fun !
good job, I'm waiting for a game with more players !
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

I am happy you liked it Enculator. The units and map script are a little more complex than regular myth. I know that sometimes you might be overwhelmed by dark units in some parts of the game, but to have a fair chance against them, the players have to get used with the many resources available such as reinforcements, special abilities, best defensive terrain, etc... now, what you said is true: more players, more chances to win...lets try to make a round or two and I will try to guide you guys to the sudden victory (hopefuly...:)).
Soulblaster
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Soulblaster, I think it might be worth putting out a small patch of your map here, to at least fix a few issues:

- Balista's shooting friendly players, even inside the Fort
- Warriors attacking whatever they want, and leaving the Fort, causing the Iron Trows to sometimes come attack
- Make the Ultima MUCH tougher as the final boss. Right now it's nothing more than another enemy it seems
- Slightly increase the amount of vetting it takes the dorfs to decrease throw time. It's too easy right now

And this final one I realized yesterday was actually a bug. You know the ambient Bre-Unor song that plays at the end? Well, THIS is what I am hearing, and no, this is not altered at all.
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

ok...lets go through ur views
Balista only shoots enemies and probably our units are in the way to be hit by it...mb too close in a melee combat or in line to a far enemy unit. nothing i can do about, since if i check "dont shoot over friendy units" will probably mess up its attack.

warriors are unctrlable and they are meant to aid our fight in a neutral way...i think its fun cuz theyre on their own, vetting, fighting, dying, etc. Ill probably not change that.

Ultima is really weak, i agree. well, its attack is strong and w/o zerks super blows, its very difficult to kill him. we get 3 on leg and heroic (ithink). 2 on norm and 1 on simple and timid. But he could be more stronger, u're right.

Ill have to check duffs vetting rate...mb make it drop a bit, yeah.

Now, the chant is to declare boss wave is out...i like that chant a lot so i thought it a good idea to insert just bf boss. i think it gives game some adrenaline just before we fight the end...ours or theirs!

Thanks for pointing out these things, will surelly be of help in the next fortress version...pls, say more if something else is noticed

cya in game bud