Myth and Garageband

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
rifthead

Myth and Garageband

Post by rifthead »

What's the best way to import sounds and songs from garageband into fear? Is garageband the best tool for this? What format do they need to be to import them, and how do I save them like that with garageband?

I know this is a kind of n00b question that's probably been answered before, but I was surfing old posts and still couldn't figure out how to do it. If there is an old post where this is explained, a link will work just as well.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

rifthead

Post by rifthead »

how do you set the 16-bit, wav, 22050 Hz and mono settings in garageband? Maybe a technical question rather than a myth one, but oh well what the hell. Does anyone else here on a mac us garageband for myth sounds?
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Sorry I don't know how with garageband; but if you have itunes, it can do it easy enough.
£N

Post by £N »

Yes what you can do is export as mp3, open with itunes and export as wav or aiff (I'm on a mac so I use aiff) seems to work fine.
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

How do you export it as an AIF file with itunes? By the way, once I figure this out, I can get you some awesome sounds for your plugins. My university has some pretty badass sound studious, and I'm not too bad at foley.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

In the iTune Preferences-->Advanced-->Importing, set the 'Import Using' to AIFF. Then when you select a track, you can go to the 'Advanced' menu and select 'Convert Selection to AIFF.'
The cake is a lie.
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

do you have do do anything else before or after that stage? How do the rest of you create sounds for myth? Right now I'm using a program called Wiretap Studio to convert the files to the format specified, and that's been working. But it's going to run out on my after 25 more days and I'm looking to find a more long term solution.