Armageddon Universe Revolution Final Release

Talk about anything here.
Soulblaster

Armageddon Universe Revolution Final Release

Post by Soulblaster »

After a long road playing around with fear and loathing, I have officially released the final version of Armageddon Universe Revolution. I am very pleased to be able to finish this project, and give to the Myth comunity one more plugin. I hope you guys enjoy and have fun playing it. I also would like to thanks all the people who helped me along the way. Among others, my special thanks to Fury, Zoso, O3, Myrd, LN, Savanarola and Power up. Here follows the map description:

In a land of despair and delusions, where fear reigns and monsters and demons are commanded by the Demon Lord, a Universal Force was Summoned to battle what was called "The last Stand War" against the lords of hell. Warriors, wizards and the most skilled beings from all universe gathering together with the single mission to free the Griffin king and stop the malign entity of destruction and chaos. Defeat is not an option, where you must answer the call and join the Universal Units with skills to avoid the escape of the Demon Lord from the temple and his desire to conquer and destroy the whole universe.

Armageddon Universe Revolution can be found at thetain.net link:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/a ... revolution
£N

Post by £N »

It really feels like there are separate, distinct stages; the compulsory mazz stage, with thrall and wights at the beginning; the 'things-are-starting-to-get-hairy' stage, when you cross the first bridge until you cross the second bridge and start making your way down to the bottom of the mesh; and the 'wow-our-whole-army-gets-destroyed-but-it's-ok' stage where everything closes in and all your slow/non powerful units die horrible deaths, but then pally steps up and converts a whole mess of monsters to fill in the ranks once again. I'm not sure what the fourth stage is because we seem to get obliterated before the DL himself appears.

Anyway, it's worth it if just for getting to control those monsters! Some awesome spells too, you can really tell SB put a lot of effort into this.
Soulblaster

Post by Soulblaster »

I really did Aen, thanks!
My concept about AUR was basically toward the low ground fight (the fourth stage), where we really get a hell of a situation confronting all those waves and monsters. I believe when the players learn how to use the artifacts, keep some long range units alive and stay together, the victory woudn't be that much a problem. The basic plan is to defeat those two Iron Trow Guardians at the temple, free Griffin (he has some goodies in his sleeves..:)) and then kill dark long range units as fast as you can, so DL's wave will pop out faster. After that, just unleash artifact attacks and kill as many thralls as you can. I'd say we need to keep alive at least one long range(Amatoliar or Golem), one Wildman(cuz giant summon spell), Mazz and Paladine of course, and Tengu(which would bring more reinfs).
There are also the artifacts by the temple with a big gama of attacks, some are good against some unit types and others are not. Just a matter of play, pratice and dominance of unit abilities.
I will also take the opportunity to invite anyone who wants to be part of AUR crew, and mb be the first ones to beat it!
Thanks a lot for the feedback!!