Myth III 3d unit models

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Zeph

Myth III 3d unit models

Post by Zeph »

For all unit makers, here's a list of units that exist on the internet.

wight, dwarven axe, dwarven smith, peasants+female, dwarf, chicken, spearmen, ghol priest, berserker(horrible looking) oghre, thrall, pig, ghol brute(no texture), hawk, deer, avatara(no tex), myrk giant, myrkridia small, warlorck(no textures), trow(no texture), trow iron warrior, the watcher, spider cultist(its an old version, looks ugly and fat) soulless, warrior, lyche, ghol, forgotten, heron guard, archer, damas, connacht barbarian and llancarfan, ravanna

It should be around 600 megs, all in .max format

also available in .c4d and .3ds

most have textures!

if you know how to make units with .3dstudio max, you need character studio and 3d studio max v3 or v4 and all the animations are included.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Did I miss something? Is there supposed to be a link? :)
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I think he was just saying what he has. If someone were to be interested, they would contact him so he can send/upload it somewhere.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

i dont have it, but maybe its findable if you see what i mean :roll:
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

The missing textures are "out there" too. Likewise, more models.
ambeerli

Re: Myth III 3d unit models

Post by ambeerli »

How can you get your box out of the center in 3ds Max? I'm trying to model a car in 3ds Max. I got the images, but I can't seem to make my box actually surround the other images in the different view ports. What I mean by that is that I try to make my box on the top view, but it sticks to the center of the left and front view images and it doesn't match surround them.
Last edited by ambeerli on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Since this is not a 3DS modelling forum, you will probably have more luck getting useful responses if you visit one of the many 3D modelling/3DSMax forums that I am sure are out on the interweb.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

I'm not familiar with 3ds Max that well, but now that 3DS bought Maya(the program I know) I guess they are joined together now. Gotta find me a copy somehow. Anyways....

You should be able to set up an image plane for reference in left, front, and back views, and be able to translate them left/right or up/down to match up the same. Should be slider buttons on the camera settings to adjust the image planes, but if it's the object your modeling you want to translate then arrow keys or the programs translation tool with the mouse button.

Best website for 3d: http://forums.cgsociety.org/

This site has subboards for each modeling program as well as subboards focusing on different areas of 2d or 3d work.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Gleep, come uDogs, I need to speak with you.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

he's gonna beg you to render m3 units for his plugin
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

::hides::