Myth^2 : 4

Talk about anything here.
Zeph

Myth^2 : 4

Post by Zeph »

I started a completely new myth campaign! It will be called "Four" or simply "4"

4 will be pure insanity with a completely reworked myth campaign designed for coop play.

things to expect
25 coops with a new story!
some slightly modified units!
new features like hybrid pig reproduction and lepper infested peasants along with wight-explosion-chain reaction!

Why call it 4 ?
1. We have myth2, myth3 and what's the next number in line? 4!
2. myth 2 x myth 2 = myth^2 x 4, its myth2 multiplied by myth2! It's more fun than double the fun of myth2!
3. If one day some developpers make a myth4, maybe people will get confused and pirate myth : 4 and the tain will get lots of downloads!!!
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
Frumius

Re: Myth^2 : 4

Post by Frumius »

Zeph wrote:Why call it 4 ?
1. We have myth2, myth3 and what's the next number in line? 4!
2. myth 2 x myth 2 = myth^2 x 4, its myth2 multiplied by myth2!
Wait... if I recall my math, you should be calling it "Myth Squared." Myth X Myth = Myth squared, as would Myth2 x Myth2 = Myth2 Squared

Lank is a mad mathematician, he'll clear it all up.

PS, can you make superscripts in the forum, such that one would be able to write "Myth Squared" properly?
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

it would be (myth2) squared which looks ugly, I kinda like Myth^2 : 2^2 = myth^2 : 4

first level's done!
24 to go!
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Why not take a direct product?
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

I'll see your product, and multiply it by a quotient.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Frumius wrote:I'll see your product, and multiply it by a quotient.
Do we even have a division algorithm in this space?
pompey

Post by pompey »

I'm uncomfortable with (a:b)^2 = a^2:b^2 without more information. Is there a distributive property of multiplication over ":"? Can we define the ring we're working in a little more rigorously?
</retarded math post>
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

forget the maths, im calling it Myth4 : The Fourth Age
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

pompey wrote:I'm uncomfortable with (a:b)^2 = a^2:b^2 without more information. Is there a distributive property of multiplication over ":"? Can we define the ring we're working in a little more rigorously?
</retarded math post>
:D

I barely held that one in! ...Do we eve know its a domain?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Zeph wrote:forget the maths, im calling it Myth4 : The Fourth Age
I like that a lot. But maybe make it more cryptic and quasi fantasy sounding - like "Myth 4: The Forthage".
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

I just thought of a BIG problem. Renwood's gonna have to rename Myth 4 : The wind age to myth 5 dang
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Guess it depends on who finishes first, doesn't it?

Now THERE's an idea for a mapmaking competition. See who can create and finish the next 'Myth 4' conversion project. Would have to have specific criteria - like have to have at least 20 new solo levels, ...not sure what other criteria should be part of the competition. Suggestions? The first person/team to finish gets to call their campaign "Myth 4".
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

So the most rushed 20-level campaign is Myth 4? I'm sure that will result in a quality plugin...
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Myrd wrote:So the most rushed 20-level campaign is Myth 4? I'm sure that will result in a quality plugin...
Well, I am on record as generally preferring imperfect something over perfect nothing, but to address your point, how about a 6 month development time frame then the community can vote on the winner at the end? (assuming there's anything to vote on)
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

6 levels done!