Problem Fixer

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Deqlyn

Problem Fixer

Post by Deqlyn »

Any help would be awesome

Yes i understand fighting 240 units at once is a bad idea

Vids of both crashes

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 0twice.zip

Logs of both crashes

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 20Logs.zip
Deqlyn

Re: Problem Fixer

Post by Deqlyn »

Bump *stares down pyro* : )
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Maybe _some_ information about what the hell that post is about?

Expecting people to download films of bugs, watch them, and just 'figure out' where the bug is, is a pretty high expectation. Why not outline the bugs, how you think they occur etc etc.

Demanding stuff, I promise, will get you nowhere really fast.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

The films do not crash when viewed on 1.7 final.

Have you actually experienced crashes on 1.7 final? If not, then the bug has probably already been fixed.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The first film crashes for me at the 22:45 mark. The other one does not and ends around 16 minutes into it. However when I view them, they are using 1.7 beta gameplay so I don't know if that plays a part. I'm using 1.7 Modern. The logs show you made them while on the 1.7 Public Beta 1.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

I havent tried on the complete 1.7. Basically the game crahses when you hit a certain point for no reason, with the log being added into this.Not much else I can tell you. I guess I was waiting on a final 1.7 but it did crash in the 1.7 beta. Not sure if there was much difference. It didnt do it before Pyro added his latest script regarding Wraiths : )

Thanks for looking into this again. Ill try and get a group together and play.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

That script was added long ago! If you want this resolved you need to make it crash with 1.7. Since it crashed on a beta, no one is going to really put much effort into finding out why because it could have been fixed with 1.7.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Alright maybe ill play myth if your lucky and get some people to play. AOE2 is just so much better...
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Deqlyn wrote:AOE2 is just so much better...
RTS is better than RTT???

What've you been smoking?
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Graydon wrote:
Deqlyn wrote:AOE2 is just so much better...
RTS is better than RTT???

What've you been smoking?
That and even for an RTS, AOE2 is utter crap.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Hey, AOE2 is a great game. AOE1 as well. I spent hundreds of hours playing each. (And more time playing Starcraft than both AOEs combined.)

I wouldn't compare them to Myth though. Saying AOE is better than Myth is like saying Tetris is better than Mario, or that Apples are better than Oranges.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Melekor wrote:Saying AOE is better than Myth is like saying Tetris is better than Mario, or that Apples are better than Oranges.
Oranges are better than Apples.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Melekor wrote:Hey, AOE2 is a great game. AOE1 as well. I spent hundreds of hours playing each. (And more time playing Starcraft than both AOEs combined.)
I enjoyed AOE1 for a while, but eventually got bored of it. AOE2 has always felt like exactly the same thing with prettier graphics and more complexity (which IMO isn't a good thing, it just takes more learning before you can play effectively).
Plus in AOE2 the multiplayer is 99% archer's blood games which have to be the single most abhorent multiplayer game-type I've ever encountered. I'd rather play FPS rocket matches in cubes all day :P
Hell, even Myth's deathmatch option is better than archer's blood, as you still have to use your troops semi-effectively to get points.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

aoe2 relies more on strategy. they also have alot of custom stuff with no build that i play which makes it like RTT. So I mean as fun as gimble is the 36579145 and a half time. theres more variables in aoe2 which i like. and i havent played it in years. myth to me has become too predictable.

Not to mention RISK AOE2 is very fun.

EDIT: Not to mention you can get an AOE2 game in seconds with over 1500 something odd players. Unlike Myth where you wait for 20 minutes to get a game then someone suicides. Oranges are better than apples, im with you myrd.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

It would be nice to get 1500 people playing Myth..