UnTag version .5

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Killswitch

UnTag version .5

Post by Killswitch »

Just a quick note to let you know a new version of UnTag has arrived. This handy app lets you extract individual tags from large plugin files; a very useful app to have if you do any sort of map making.

Mac version: download
Windows version: download

There are a slew of new feature (too many to list here). See the attached text file for a complete list of changes. Thanks to all the beta testers that helped polish this release. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Killswitch on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vinylrake

Re: UnTag version .5

Post by vinylrake »

Awesomeness^2.

Untag is an indispensable tool, can barely remember mapmaking life without it.

Thanks for the new feature loaded version!
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

You'll see my thoughts right here.
devSin

Post by devSin »

Both this version and last seem to have an issue with mass-extraction from TFL .gors? If you open tags.gor and extract artifacts/, for example, the resultant tags aren't put together correctly (the tag data is correct, but the header gets munged). The first four bytes of the tag name are zeroed (the sum/ID or whatever nonsense in the first four bytes doesn't show up in TFL tags), and the new tag data offset is written in the wrong field (basically, they're getting extracted like they're mth2 tags). If you extract the tags one at a time, however, then they do get put together correctly. (UnTag .5, Mac OS X 10.4.11 PPC)
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Thanks for the detailed info. I'll look into it.
Killswitch

UnTag version .51

Post by Killswitch »

Confirmed: there was a bug with extracting tags from TFL .gor files. Thanks devSin.

UnTag has been updated to version .51 and uploaded to the Tain. Should be available to download soon (admin approval).
Site Admin

Re: UnTag version .51

Post by Death's Avatar »

Killswitch wrote:Confirmed: there was a bug with extracting tags from TFL .gor files. Thanks devSin.

UnTag has been updated to version .51 and uploaded to the Tain. Should be available to download soon (admin approval).
Approved. Sorry for the delay, dont usually read the Map Making section.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Killswitch wrote:Confirmed: there was a bug with extracting tags from TFL .gor files. Thanks devSin.

Does this mean that Fear should now be able to properly read files extracted from M1's gor files, or is some type of converter with HeadEdit still needed?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

No, maybe read what devSin said again.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Death's Avatar wrote:

Approved. Sorry for the delay, dont usually read the Map Making section.
Sorry DA - that wasn't a shot at you or the admins. I made that post at the same time as I was uploading the new version. I just got lazy and didn't want to wait for an approval before announcing the update.

No worries. You admins are doing an awesome job (especially since it's pro bono work)
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Sorry Kills I found a bug which causes a crash, I didn't mean to :-(

I was trying to extract a dialog tag, and there was already a duplicate on my desktop, but I didn't see it.

So I clicked Replace, and then this box came up:

Then this one:

And then crashed.

Here is the information from my Console log:

Hopefully that's enough to help you figure out what's going on.

------------------

Also, if I might request 2 things that would be helpful for UnTags, since I've been using it a lot.

The first is an 'Open Recent' option.

The second one I'm not sure you know, but the select color for some reason is orange, which really doesn't match anything:

Any chance that could be changed to maybe black or something?