Feature request - It's a late one, but i hope it's tried

Talk about anything here.
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

I have an idea for a Myth 2 feature. I know it's really late for this, but this idea just came to me.

Long co-op games can be annoying to join. I try to just sit by the computer, reading a magazine and peeking up every few seconds. Really tough to do, and I do miss a few and just end up signing off. Then I had an idea about an auto-join feature. Here's the basic concept:

You try to join a greyed out co-op host. You are told that the game is in progress. In addition, to just clicking the "ok" button, you are given a new option, "auto-join." You will now automatically attempt to rejoin the host every minute, until you succeed, or hit a cancel button. If the frequency was higher than once a minute, I think that might cause too much bandwidth traffic, and less might have you miss the game anyway.

This is a VERY late feature request, but I think it's quite pertient, with many of the great long co-ops still getting played.
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

Your suggestion would be helpful to games such as Rotd and mazz. I'm always waiting for one too finish, unless I start it.
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes stuck in my nose"
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

other request: add the percentages in the "detach menu" (bottom right thing, when you hit detach-key)

so you do not always have to check with F7 who has units allready
PoohBear

Post by PoohBear »

Brilliant detach idea.

Maybe it'd be simpler to implement a "zero percent" icon or bullet or even a format or color to the player when displayed in the detach menu.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Heh, it's already in - I implemented that before Brainbug even posted it.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

What about making it possible to view films multiplayer. Would be good to look at strats as a team and to just see some cool stuff with a group of ppl. Of course everyone would have to have the same film. Mb host could control the speed or mb just have to watch the whole thing normal but it would be nice if you could pause.
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

An auto-join feature would be ideal, but in the very least co-op games should say something other than "Untimed." My idea: regular games show how much time is left in the game and co-op games show how much time has elapsed. This way you could know if it was really worth waiting around for that Mazz game…

Someone may have already thought of this feature previously, but I think most people would like this feature (and the auto-join as well).
Horus

Post by Horus »

2 Features to make us lazy ass mythers happy, the que to enter full room, so instead of constantlly trying to get in say ranked, and some pest jumps in when you've been trying for 30mins, well the que would put people on a que list to enter the room, if they don't press cancel they are put into the room when a space comes avalible and their turn comes up.

2nd idea to do with the Auto join feature, just que that too.
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

I don't know how much the people at Project Magma can tinker with the server code without breaking things. I don't see people not getting into rooms a major problem. I find it easy enough to go to another populated room, or just play a co-op or two until unranked livens up. ;)

Horus, the Myth client isn't the reason that people are not getting into filled rooms;the decision of the people running the Playmyth server causes that. Mariusnet was able to handle well over 60 people in a room, but for whatever reason the admins at Playmyth's server chose to not expand the room limit.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

We can't do anything about the server code, sorry. But I never have trouble getting into "full" rooms. Simply bring up the playmyth website, look who's in the room, then in Myth do a Find for that person, then Go To wherever they are.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

As for co-op games displaying how long they have been running for (so you have SOME idea how much longer they might go) that is also a server side change, and was implemented long ago by mariusnet
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

iron at a certain point that method stops working (currently its set at 45 on playmyth)
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

I've never been to Mariusnet, as they rejected my application for an account :(

If Mariusnet was able to implement the 'time-elapsed' feature on co op games "long ago", why has playmyth.net not done it as well?
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

I can't speak on playmyth's behalf, but, my guess would be because they don't think it's terribly important and have been focusing their efforts on other things.

Regarding your account on mnet, I process account requests there, so if your account request was denied, it was likely because you either used a free email address (ex: hotmail or yahoo), or your request came from an IP address that others had already used.

In either case, these problems can be resolved if you either; use a non-free email address, or inform me of why your request originated from an IP address that had alread been used.

This might happen if you have more than one myther in your house, or if you live in a dorm, if you have dial-up internet, or it could have even been a fluke.

In any case, if you clarify the situation with me, I'd be happy to help.

You can email me at doobie @ projectmagma.net if you like. But if you want this resolved soon, you'll have to do it quickly, cause I leave for 2 weeks this sunday.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Mystic Eye

Post by Mystic Eye »

Remeber the "pop in"? Lost with 1.5 :-(

Pop in: The attempt to join a game when you do not have the hosted map or plugin...to tell people in that host that you do not have the hosted map....and you are stuck outside in the lobby...usually used a plea for assistance attaining said plugin.

It's major pain having to send someone to the lobby to check on (insert player name here)to see if they were succesful in aquiring the hosted plugin. It was convenient to see someone pop in and out as a cry for help..or just a really short "hi I'm on" The 'pop in' in most minds was a feature..not a bug! Any chance of bringing this lil' tidbit back to myth?

We've had many discussions about this subject...well actually it's mentioned every time we say.."wtf happened to (insert player name here)...he said he was coming right back after downloading (X)map!"

Thanx ---Mystic Eye The Package