The Fallen Levels / SB >> Myth III?

Talk about anything here.
aqaraza

Post by aqaraza »

hi! first, some background: i have been exploring The Fallen Levels in awe at the work accomplished. i am recently returning to Myth mapmaking after a hiatus, and have begun delving into Myth III mapmaking with Ballistic. it seems to work quite well with M2 tags. all of this leads me to ask:

i am wondering if there is an official effort to port The Fallen Levels [and perhaps SB] to Myth III. if there is *not* such an effort, i am wondering how might i myself proceed to work on this without stepping on any toes; if there *is* such an effort, i am wondering if there is any way i can get involved. i think i have a good handle on the colormap conversion process, on enhancing the colormaps to take advantage of an rgb colorspace, and on creating detail textures for them which could do justice to the complexity of the originals. i'm not all that when it comes to unit editing or scripting, though.

at one time i had hoped to embark on this very idea: the conversion of M:TFL and M:SB to MIII format, the project as a whole to be called 'Legend: Myth Reborn'.. i was told that the work of replicating the scripting of TFL wld be a herculean effort. but now that The Fallen Levels has taken that effort, i'd really love to see something like this become a reality!

anyone willing to get in touch..?

thanks,

- aqaraza
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

i am wondering if there is an official effort to port The Fallen Levels [and perhaps SB] to Myth III. if there is *not* such an effort, i am wondering how might i myself proceed to work on this without stepping on any toes; if there *is* such an effort, i am wondering if there is any way i can get involved.

To my knowledge, there is no such effort being made by anyone else. I am sure I can speak for all of Project Magma in wishing you success and speed in this endeavor. Should you need any tags from the Fallen Levels, you just need to ask Iron Duke, who I'm sure would be more than happy to oblige.
aqaraza

Post by aqaraza »

thanks for your reply! allowing for the chance that someone else may have issues, i will proceed; and keep the forum here [as well as over on Flying Flip] posted. there will be many things i myself will not be able to do; eventually, models will need to be invented for nonexistent units, etc etc; but what start i can make, i will make, with an open invitation for others to join in.

- aqaraza
lank

Post by lank »

howdy aqaraza, :)

hope your conversion goes well!

::tags aqaraza and runs off, hoping it's the same guy as he thinks::
*toot*
aqaraza

Post by aqaraza »

LANK!!! :) :) hehe,once a myffer, always a myffer! hi again..!

- aq
aqaraza

Post by aqaraza »

getting started; texturing Shadow of the Mountain:

http://www.pdlab.net/bloodymud/media/shadowmtntextures/

some textures are a bit exaggerated here, as i am just setting them up and wanted to see them clearly..

- aqaraza