MYTH total war at TWC forums

Talk about anything here.
Briariuss

MYTH total war at TWC forums

Post by Briariuss »

Hi all Myth fellow :wink:

I've been working on this total war mod, which takes place in Myth universe...check out..

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=373446

Basically the mod will be a tribute to the best game ever made! Myth The Fallen Lords!
Graydon

Re: MYTH total war at TWC forums

Post by Graydon »

Those models you've got look pretty good! Definitely recognizable characters.

I'm curious what format the models use and whether they've got any kind of copyrights or anything going on? I'm working on a massive campaign for Myth 2, and we have requirement of some custom ghols (ghol brutes and ghol shamen) that we want to physically look different from normal ghols. Having an easily modifiable model to do so with would be fantastic. I'm wondering if there's any poossible chance you'd share your ghol model file with my team to produce new myth content? :)
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Incredibly impressive Briariuss. These were all created by scratch?

We have numerous large scale high quality pictures of the units which might further help you if you wish.

EDIT: They really, REALLY could use eyes.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I agree, that is quite pretty. Keep us updated on the progress!
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Hi

I'm glad you like it. Such hard work to do all this stuff..yes it's all from scratch...I barely used bodyparts from the original Total war database...just small things like swords and shields....some modified bodyparts etc...
The ghol model's copyright is mine so I can share it..but I thought it doesn't look different to the original.. :? My goal was to make him as close to the original as possible....I thought I did it.... :roll:
The model is in Milkhshape 3D format and it uses a modified total war skeleton....

GodzFire
I'd be so happy if you could send me those drawings...It's kind of hard to find proper materials what I could follow....
here is my e-mail briarius30@gmail.com

Cheers!
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Briariuss wrote:Hi

I'm glad you like it. Such hard work to do all this stuff..yes it's all from scratch...I barely used bodyparts from the original Total war database...just small things like swords and shields....some modified bodyparts etc...
The ghol model's copyright is mine so I can share it..but I thought it doesn't look different to the original.. :? My goal was to make him as close to the original as possible....I thought I did it.... :roll:
The model is in Milkhshape 3D format and it uses a modified total war skeleton....

GodzFire
I'd be so happy if you could send me those drawings...It's kind of hard to find proper materials what I could follow....
here is my e-mail briarius30@gmail.com

Cheers!
If you'd like to chat, I may be able to hook you up with test renders of any unit you'd like. :) Come on µDogs at some point: http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... 163#p49163
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

wow!!!!
as a total war and myth fan I have to say those models are impressive!!!
and the textures are amazing as well!!!

great job!!!!!!!!
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

If you'd like to chat, I may be able to hook you up with test renders of any unit you'd like. :) Come on µDogs at some point: viewtopic.php?p=49163#p49163
Sorry Jon God but I don't get this..unfortunately my English is not that good...and I don't know what µDogs is.... :shock:

I'd love to see those renders though!

Cheers...
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

uDogs is the name of the Hotline server we hang out on. It's a combo of a chat place and file host. All you need to connect is a Hotline client program and the address for it (hl.udogs.net).

Do you use a Mac or PC?
- If it's a PC, download Hotline Supertracker: http://www.nailbat.com/hotline/hlclient ... dition.zip
- If it's a pre-Intel Mac, download Frogblast: http://www.macupdate.com/download.php/6 ... t1.2.4.dmg
- If it's an Intel Mac, download Nostalgia: http://arrestedlumen.com/Nostalgia.zip

After that, open the program, and put 'hl.udogs.net' in the server/address field and press connect. We can help you more from there.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

HMMM....i hadn't heard of 'Nostalgia', I've been using HLClient19, which is functional, but kind of looks like it was designed in 1970's Soviet Union (aka OS 9 era).

thanks for the link.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

In soviet russia, macs bug you!

(yes that was a macsbug joke)
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Oh and Briariuss - from one modder to another, I must say im really impressed. For the total war engine, you did a pretty great job on the units - especially the warriors facial permutations (beard, no beard, older, etc). The dwarves are amazing, i like the dagger they have on their outfit - does total war do close range explosive lobbing units well? i would be very interested to see a quick demonstration battle in the form of a youtube video. I'd ask to test your mod (not to mention buy total war and install it) but my gaming rig is down at the moment, im on an internet-only computer right now. Tell me - is the mod available for download or only when its closer to being finished?

P.S. Will there be Myrmidons? I also thought i heard something about Myrkridia - any other Myth 2: Soulblighter units?
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Thy for the links GodzFire. I'm gonna heat up uDogs soon. :wink:

Actually total war has this unit called "naffatun"..they throw ceramic pots filled with flaming Naphtha that burst into flames on impact. I'm using the modified code of this unit for the dwarves..I'm working on a video right now so you'r gonna see the dwarves in action soon..
I'm gonna need testers but now I'm only at the stage of unit modelling, texturing, scripting etc.. actually the whole dark side is left... I'll let you know when things come to battle mechanics and game balance.

There will be Myrmidons of course..Shade and Wight are bigger issue...actually the game hasn't got any "flying undead mage" animation :lol: ...so if I want to shades in the mod then I'm gonna have to create a hundreds of animation for them :(

Myth2 units won't be in the mod...at least for the first release ..maybe as an expansion I'll put them in later...
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I went through your thread on the Total War forum, and saw the animation you put together for the Shade with the warrior model, and it looked pretty much close to perfect! Hundreds of animation edits it may be, it's clear you've got the skills to make it work!

Still haven't gotten back to me, or I overlooked it. What model format are these units modeled in?
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Hi Graydon,

A hundreds of animation files! You' right. A LOT of work to make the shades....

The models are in Milkshape 3D format...send me an e-mail and I'll send the Ghol model for you...I already gave my Warrior to Iron...but to be honest I'd like to finish the mod before I give my files for sharing...(Anyway, my e-mail is briarius30@gmail.com)...

Cheers