The Trow

Talk about anything here.
Lugas

The Trow

Post by Lugas »

I sometimes get the impression that the Trow think of themselves as being the master race. Does anyone else get that impression as well?
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: The Trow

Post by Pyro »

Maybe not the master race but superior race. They don't meddle because the conflicts of the other races are beneath them. They only get involved if they think they owe someone. It is like they are arrogant but still have a form of honor. At least that is how it seems to me.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

I see the Trow as much like the Forest Giants, prefer solitude and quiet of the forest or desert. They live forever so kicking people in the face gets old after 500 years.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Ever play Thief? They're a bit like the Builders. Massive superiority complex.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Baak

Post by Baak »

I only started in the Myth storyline from Myth II (1999), but to me they always seemed to have an arrogance about them. They never struck me as friendly or even indifferent.

This could be simply because they don't really have to care when they live so long and they might see humans and the like as we see mosquitoes.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

MB THEY SWAT THEM?
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Some interesting points have been made. I suppose if the Trow did believe themselves to be the master race, they would be more aggressive.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Not necessarily. I think if one _really_ believed one belonged to the 'master race' then one wouldn't care so much about what the other races did as long as they didn't attack you.

the whole stereotypical attitude of 'master race must crush all other races' really always struck me as the attitude of an insecure pysche (individual or collective) - a way of thinking/mindset that WANTS to believe they are better than any other races, but deep down they don't really believe it or they fear they aren't better so the way they quell those fears is to aggressively engage the other race(s) in ways that they can 'prove' to themselves that they are actually 'better'.

at the risk of nulling my argument out by mentioning nazis, it's hard to see hitler's actions as that of a secure person who truly believed that the germans were the master 'race'. for example his refusing to acknowledge Jesse Owen's track victory over Germany's best in the pre-ww2 olympics. that's not a secure member of the master 'race', that's a petty small-minded man who refuses to let any reality in that might question his beliefs - it's the grownup equivalent of covering your ears and chanting 'la la la i can't hear you'.

so, although it's a fictional world and fictional race, i don't think the trow would necessarily be more aggressive toward 'lesser races' unless the 'lesser races' started settling in lands the Trow considered 'theirs', or started mining some element important to the Trows, or infringed the trow's beliefs/customs in some significant way.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I think the Trow also have to consider their own place in the world of Myth in regards to history (that the humans don't even have recorded due to their race not existing yet). Everyone that's really into the Myth lore knows that the Callieach were known, even by the Trow, to be the most powerful, most learned race in existence. The Trow remember the epic battle and cataclysm that created The Great Devoid, and consequently know that despite the fact their race outlived the Callieach's, they will never have as much mastery as the Callieach had. My 2c.
killerking

Post by killerking »

http://www.soulblighter.net/history.htm ; read 'the age of the trow'
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Are we mixing Myth 3 with Myth 2 though?