MythIV Status Update?

Talk about anything here.
Kith-Kanan

MythIV Status Update?

Post by Kith-Kanan »

Any updates in the last 9 months to the status of MythIV:The Wind Age?
Fury IX

Re: MythIV Status Update?

Post by Fury IX »

Well, im not in the loop so I cant say anything official

Renwood (the one in charge of m4) was booted from the server and forums for various reasons, and so was forced to chill out a bit. I believe they are still making maps, but have dropped the m4 title (at least publicly)

Their site is down, and I doubt anyone (even them) know whats going on. I bet we will see a few more beta maps, but who knows.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

i would think ooga knows the status of The Wind Age project.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

We've been plugging away in what limited capacity we've been able - in fact I just got an updated version of one of the new maps that im supposed to test the scripting on. Road is finally in more of a position to render stuff in poser so we might be seeing more unique units we had planned. And so far it doesn't look poser-y, either!

I just got the internet back a few days ago, ive only been keeping up to date via the few minutes each day at my work on my breaks, but now ive got everything back again and I can do more work. I just made 5 more particle effects collections but I havent oaked them yet.

So yeah stuff is happening, but real life was (and is) always encroaching on our progress. If I get something cool going like a video I may post it - I was working on one before the internet got cut off for me, so I may resume it. It shows off some new effects and maps and stuff.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Ooga I thought you weren't working on it anymore since what happened with Ren lying and taking money from people like me under false pretenses using copyrighted material. What happened to ceasing to help him. The same goes with Road.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Can we not turn every topic into flaming?

I know people have beefs with each other, but settle it outside the forum.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

I guess I was wrong, maybe they are making some other maps not m4 related too.

I for one like Ren, and am still willing to help him (unofficially). Sure i've been mad at him a few times, but who hasnt?
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

GodzFire wrote:Ooga I thought you weren't working on it anymore since what happened with Ren lying and taking money from people like me under false pretenses using copyrighted material. What happened to ceasing to help him. The same goes with Road.
Excuse me but that is between you and him, and i'd rather not get into this with you.

If you think anything that happened is going to make me magically stop working on something ive been making and enjoying making for quite some time you're insane.

The world doesnt stop all of a sudden over some stupid drama.

And leave road out of this - he is also free to do as he chooses. Road works with us in a capacity that isn't just myth either, ren myself and road have been helping classic off and on with stuff for iPod/Mobile app games that he's coding. All new units that could theoretically be used for myth but are presently in a cool little physics-y isometric slasher. The alpha/beta/whatever is actually kinda fun - if you dont kick the skeletons bones apart they'll slowly pull back together and form up all over again.

Now we're working on a space-oriented thing, Retro Rockets, sort of an asteroids-style-controlled space shooter but much more indepth like some indie games youve been seeing. (Gratuitous Space Battles comes to mind)

I'm making the particle effects, rens doing everything from concept illustration to design doc type specifications and everything in-between (which is his niche - coordinator, designer, content creator - basically anything that needs doing that isn't in my area. Classic is coding, obviously, and all sorts of other necessities. Road helps out with his poser skills rendering things.

So basically Godz - the past is the past, you can dwell on it or you can move ahead. I'm moving ahead with people I know have the skills and drive that compliments mine. I really dont care what kind of eye-rolling that statement garners either, because anyone doing the eye-rolling is unquestionably oblivious to the actual workings of our development process.

Also godz, not to defend what happened but you're being a little selective in your application of logic - you say money was taken from you yet you got exactly what you had expected to get for your money. So really, it is your stolen thunder that you are upset about. A valid gripe, but stolen thunder is not a crime, stolen money is. You were deceived, but no thievery took place since NOBODY HERE OWNS IT. PERIOD.

Ahem.

But before you overreact - i'm not flaming, i'm just pointing that out. If someone didnt already have the same models you wouldn't have cared one whit.

I'm glad the news is out anyways, because no offense but when it's finally released there will probably only be about 20 or 30 people left in the community who can truly appreciate the work put into it (and like 10 of those people being the ones who worked on it).
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Fury IX wrote:I for one like Ren, and am still willing to help him (unofficially). Sure i've been mad at him a few times, but who hasnt?
I've wanted to clobber ren with a ball-pean hammer before but that hasn't stopped us from making some pretty cool stuff. If nothing else, all the time spent playtesting our own stuff was fun as all hell, and I don't regret a single solitary second of it.

I don't think anyone else here is on the same wavelength concerning the kind of physics-y mayhem that me and ren strive for - things have come close in other plugins, but not to the degree that is envisioned. Even in our own stuff, it's not where it needs to be yet. But it's fun getting there.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

oogaBooga wrote:...you say money was taken from you yet you got exactly what you had expected to get for your money. So really, it is your stolen thunder that you are upset about. A valid gripe, but stolen thunder is not a crime, stolen money is. You were deceived, but no thievery took place since NOBODY HERE OWNS IT. PERIOD.
Ooga, I am not wading into the flames with an opinion or criticism about what took place (I think what happened is pretty clear), but if you REALLY want to "let the past be the past" and "move on" you might want to try to avoid wading in -again_ with your commentary on the morality and legality of what transpired to cause this conflict. Both the morality and legality of what happened are apparently subject to more than one interpretation, and those differing interpretations ARE after all the source of the conflict - which you well know. So IF you want other people to let things go and move on, you should at least be willing to do the same.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Fair enough VR, but for the record I wasnt saying anything contrary about the legality - t2 owns the models, not magma or anyone else. If that is untrue someone correct me right away.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

oogaBooga wrote:Fair enough VR, but for the record I wasnt saying anything contrary about the legality - t2 owns the models, not magma or anyone else. If that is untrue someone correct me right away.
Actually yes, you did specifically address the legality of the situation since you said "...no thievery took place since NOBODY HERE OWNS IT. PERIOD." I don't believe anyone has claimed that 'thievery' has taken place, but people HAVE claimed that a sale of things by someone who did NOT own them (regardless of who actually does own them) has occurred - which is illegal, and that some misrepresentation of either (or both) the right of the seller to sell the objects , or the nature of the objects themselves took place - which are also illegal. There is also a QUESTION of whether outright fraud occurred.

As for no thievery taking place, something doesn't have to be stolen to be sold illegally - if someone OTHER THAN THE OWNER OF THE THING BEING SOLD sells something that he or she does not own, WITHOUT THE OWNER'S PERMISSION, THEN THAT SALE is ILLEGAL. It doesn't matter whether the owner was aware of the transaction or not, and it doesn't matter WHO owns the thing that was sold, the act itself is still illegal.

Also, if the seller misrepresents the thing being sold or something fundamental about it's nature, or the ownership of the thing being sold, or his/her right to sell the thing being sold, that is misrepresentation - which is also illegal. Furthermore, that kind of misrepresentation is one element of Fraud - which is ... wait for it.... also illegal. [see footnote]

footnote: -----from http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fraud ---
(in the US, there are 5 elements of a sale that need to be present for "fraud" to have occurred they are)

"(1) a false statement of a material fact
(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue
(3) intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim
(4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement
(5) injury to the alleged victim as a result."

I am not arguing whether or not fraud occurred, just throwing this out there - that there was definitely an illegal sale of intellectual property that occurred - that is not in dispute. There are also allegations of Misrepresentation and Fraud - which are both illegal, which is what you appear to have been weighing in on when you claimed that no thievery took place.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

(1) a false statement of a material fact - confirmed
(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue - confirmed
(3) intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim - confirmed
(4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement - confirmed
(5) injury to the alleged victim as a result - confirmed

That's about as cut and paste as it can be. Renwood committed fraud.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Cry me a fucking river. I was done talking about it. If you want to continue beating dead horses do so without me.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

(5) injury to the alleged victim as a result - confirmed
Get well soon.