BUG

Talk about anything here.
downtown

BUG

Post by downtown »

what i report is a bug that im sure doesnt depend from me.
here's what happened before:

http://www.mariusnet.com/ubbthreads.php ... #Post26913

so the thread ended up with this:
yes i updated, let's see if these annoying issues still show up.

anyway i'll divide this problem in two brackets:
1) myth game just freezes for me (even if it was smooth) and i am forced to drop. i can still join another game and play, because internet connectivity still is ok.

2)myth game just freezes for me (even if it was smooth) and i am forced to drop. i CAN NOT do anything with the internet. it appears my pc isnt able to elaborate a new ip.

i guess the second one is due to our local network.
but what about the first one?
so it looks like a connectivity problem. my pc works perfectly and readily connects to the internet and elaborate sites cache. the problem is that WHILE i am playing, game gets stuck, with no reason, without any warning.

sometimes it happened because my internet board cannot renew ip, but this is not the case, because in that case i wouldnt be able to connect to anything on the net...
Myrd
Site Admin

Re: BUG

Post by Myrd »

So when you say "freeze", I assume you mean units stop moving but you can still move the camera etc?

If so, then I assume you disconnect from the game and what happens next? Do you get taken to the MariusNet lobby or to Myth's main menu?
downtown

Post by downtown »

yes, i get disconnected from the game, and this can happen suddenly at any time. not always, tho. sometimes, i'd say.

and yes, units are stuck, arrows are frozen in the air etc but i still can hear ambient life, water etc and can rotate camera.
so this would be endless until i quit the game and then go back to the lobby without restarting multiplayer myth.
as i said, when i cant connect to multiplayer then it is sure its a problem with my gateway, but if i can join multiplayer, and lobby is still active, why did that happen? why did i lose connection with game and just with that game?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Well, your connection to MariusNet will be routed differently than your connection to the host of a game. It is possible for one to be interrupted and not the other (e.g. if some routers in the network between you and the host go down and the network can't recover). Though I agree it sounds strange that it happens on a regular basis for you.

Next time it happens, can you post your myth_log.txt?
downtown

Post by downtown »

sure i will post myth log, but i think its useless because it is recorded everytime i start myth. when i have this issue, nothing records what happens, and the log is rewritten the next time i run myth.

sure yes, the connection is routed differently, so that sometimes happened that once finished a game, a message popped up telling me that lobby crashed. but that was really really rare.
what is common is MY connection lost with host.

maybe some times it even happened when i was hosting!! (dont remember very well but i cant exclude this)

AND btw, heron guard doesnt heal when needed, yet :p
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

downtown wrote:sure i will post myth log, but i think its useless because it is recorded everytime i start myth. when i have this issue, nothing records what happens, and the log is rewritten the next time i run myth.
Post its contents after it happens but before re-starting Myth.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

or if you can't spare the time to post a pic because you are in the middle of a rabid myth session ... when it crashes save the log file with a different name so when you restart myth it will create a new log file. then post it when you aren't so rushed.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The reason you don't always get disconnected from Mnet after getting disconnected from a game is because your connection is up and running again before you have a chance to go back to Mnet. If you were still disconnected when Myth went back to Mnet, then you would see that message about the lobby crashing.

What kind of internet connection do you have? Satellite, cable, etc? Do you have a router? Are other computers or devices hooked up to your router? Do you have devices hooked up wirelessly to your router (like a laptop)?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

this used to happen to me fairly often. Slow Verizon DSL was the culprit I am sure.
downtown

Post by downtown »

allright, i will as soon as it happens.

i have a network at home, there are several pcs and the one i use to play myth is like a console-in-network with other pcs. there is a old rotten router and everything is linked with cables since magnetic wireless emission tend to drain my energy off.

sometimes i experience sudden connection crashes when using that pc, and i found out its some gateway problem or, more rarely, an access point issue.
i actually cant verify if its my pc fault, but i dont think, because i have to manually restore network connection, and as vinyl says, the fact that when i go back to lobby it is still running means that the connection was restabilished automatically.

i am using a provider which is a DSL optic fiber and behaves like a private network, so for example to host a game i can externalize my ip making it dynamic. i never fully understood why it is like that, and it could perhaps be the cause, since i am almost sure i never experienced issues when in dyn ip mode...
downtown

Post by downtown »

here it is myth log of session in which i experienced the bug.

2011-05-28 17:57:13
Myth II Build 374 running under Modern Windows 6.010000 ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for DirectX 11 devices...
Found adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
GeForce 8800 GT/PCI/SSE2 | NVIDIA Corporation | OpenGL 3.3
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch MariusNet
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Establishing connection with metaserver at myth.mariusnet.com:6321...
Connected.
Running DirectX 10/11 at 1280 x 1024
Starting mesh "Clash in the Cloudspine"...
Using 1.7.1 gameplay...
Quitting networked game...
Running DirectX 10/11 at 1280 x 1024
Starting mesh "Cracks in the Cloudspine"...
Using 1.7.2 gameplay...
Quitting networked game...

during this game, a lmoth, our captain was a total dumbass and kept 54% for him, then he occluded canyons with his units and went afk more or less.
so obviously other team got mid hill, and while we were getting killed from uphill game froze at like 3mins and some seconds.

this was THE SECOND GAME i played today. the first one didnt have any issue.