Talk about anything here.
Tireces

Halo Combat Evolved 10th Anniversary Remake

Post by Tireces »

Debut trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEuCT3kSH_s

Campaign demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ViiG7Y ... r_embedded

Unchanged gameplay and new graphics ( with option to switch between new and old visuals anytime you want - just like in released quite recently special editions of Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2).
Ehhhh.... I wish same thing could happen to Myth...
20th anniversary maybe? ;)
Last edited by Tireces on Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
vinylrake

Re: Halo Combat Evolved 10th Anniverasy Remake

Post by vinylrake »

so easy (relatively) to make all the graphics better when everything is 3D and textures. 'just' create more detailed versions of the textures and re-render _everything_. Piece of cake.

but it sure looks purty. if i had a 360, i'd probably get it.
Point

Post by Point »

I never got into halo... and I gather microsoft is making this remake more for the cash than the fans.... is bungie even involved in its creation?

any case in regards to myth.... not to let the thrall out of the bag though I would expect you might be looking at the next anniversary of myth rather than the 20th... ;) Viva La Magma and Myth 1.8
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Remastered games are just as pointless as remastered movies.

When they redid the graphics for original Star Trek a few years ago, I just remember being dumbstruck at how incongruous the new effects looked when cut together with the 60's live action. It didn't work at all, and the best thing about it all is this - it took them 40 years to decide that the old VFX were outdated enough to justify a 'special edition', but it only took a few months for the CGI to start looking REALLY dated.

What next - special edition of the special edition?? It happened with Star Wars .. ("our CG Jabba the Hutt looked crap, so let's do him again").

But yeah, this applies to games too I think. Apart from porting games to run on newer systems, they ought to be left the hell alone.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

I think I'd get it mostly for one reason—it's updated to run better on the 360. The original Halo, while it runs okay, has a few kinks due to the emulation process (I get a lot of 'ghost' images when I play it, for example). It's worse with Halo 2 than the original Halo, though, so I'm actually kind of hoping they release a remastered version of that one, too. After all, Halo 2 is the only Halo game that lets you dual-weild the Needlers! :D
The cake is a lie.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Right on, though - I'm all for games being updated to run on newer systems.

I'm still very dubious about graphical upgrades, because in their aim to remain 'current', they're ultimately pointless.

In saying that, I'm okay with special editions and whatnot, as long as the original is still available. Being able to go back to the original is good; it allows you to circumvent the monstrous ego of some self-satisfied person who thinks they're doing you a favour, when really they're just getting in the way of some hardcore nostalgia.

(Hello George Lucas).
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

The other thing about this Halo 1 remake is that they're making multiplayer maps around the gameplay style of Halo 1, that you can connect over live to Reach's server with, and play Halo 1 online. This is a first. Many diehard halo fans swear that Halo 1 is the be all and end all of Halo, so they'll be ultra stoked.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

William Wallet wrote:(Hello George Lucas).
Blam. Did anyone else want to throw their TV out the window when Anakin Skywalker's ghost showed up as his young "Episode III" self in "Return of the Jedi?" Ugh. Part of doing a good re-release is knowing what NOT to change…
The cake is a lie.
vinylrake

Re: Halo Combat Evolved 10th Anniversary Remake

Post by vinylrake »

only if lucas was outside my window.

don't get me started on the changes. he and spielberg are revisionists, not only wanting to make their films look better (which I can understand if not approve of) but of wanting to change the content/message underlying their films (which I can't accept).
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Hello all,

have available "star wars" in Myth II 3rd party units - machinery (droids, drones & robots): the robots R2D2 and R2D5 ..... by chance there is unit "C-3PO" available? in Udogs or other Mythers website ? . see photo below:
Attachments
C-3PO.jpg
C-3PO.jpg (61.38 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Not sure, but if you find one let me know. <3 Star Wars.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Jon God wrote:Not sure, but if you find one let me know. <3 Star Wars.
Ok J.God. 8)
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Coming from a huge Halo fan, I am kinda disappointed with this remake. I may eventually get it for the campaign, but I feel like the multiplayer is a wreck.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

You've obviously missed the point of the remake. It's being remade FOR the campaign. Multi is an extra, and be glad there's any of it at all. The fact that the 6 maps will be downloadable content for Reach if you don't buy HCEA is pretty awesome if you ask me.