Twice Born Glitch (Fix for 1.8)

Talk about anything here.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Twice Born Glitch (Fix for 1.8)

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

So I did an experimental campaign just on timid--where all my original arcs and duffs would carry over since Willow Creek. I wanted them to make it all the way to the forge, just to see if there was a point where they wouldn't carry over. Upon starting twice born, I noticed a few of my vets I had control of, but most of them were being controlled by the north army controlled by the AI. Carrying over into the forge, I only got the dwarf vet because I had control of it, but my 3 original archers were gone because they died during twice born. Furthermore, alric is shown as being a veteran of 1 battle, but has no kills accumulated.

So, is there a fix to make sure that the carry over vets are in your possession at the onset of the game? Also, there is a terrible glitch, which is easily avoidable but its annoying because it takes over every time. If alric engages SB during the game, all of your units turn blue. That doesn't stop enemy units like wights, thrall, and myrks from killing your uncontrollable units. Any way to get this rescripted so that the enemy units either stop, or retreat back to their original positions, then resume once alric is back in your control? Like i said, I don't know if this was an unintended consequence of the original scripting that isn't to be changed, but it really is annoying when you are trying something new and the enemy annihilates your army because alric goes into scene mode.

I should have saved this past game, but the game wouldn't end either because SB never got to the final battle circle. He was engaged in fighting the enemy units, and killed all of them, and wouldn't retreat despite alric being right next to him. He continued to kill all the AI units, and i set alric to attack him. He was killed by alric near the satchel/wight line at the 2nd stage of twice born, and therefore never triggered the ending scene.

Was just wondering if this level could be reworked to avoid being able to play yourself into an un-winnable predicament, in addition to the enemy killing your units while blue thing.
Graydon

Re: Twice Born Glitch (Fix for 1.8)

Post by Graydon »

Lots of people would probably complain about how 'omfg magma changed my myth game wtf' if that level were to be rescripted (again).

I can at least answer the question about Alric having 1 level survived but no kills: The final cutscene on twice born actually swaps monsters from an Alric with Balmung to an Alric without. It's the Alric without the sword that wins the level, and since he converts before SB dies, he gets no kills before the level ends... hence a 1 level Vet with 0 kills.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Yeah I would tend to agree with not rescripting the "glitch" of enemy killing your blue units, but what about the vets? Could prove to be a problem if you are looking to do something specific.

Oh another glitch that I guess is still around is the glitch at the end of "The Four Body Problem" on the 7th God campaign. It goes into the final cutscene and during the process where the spies are supposed to lose health and transfer into the frozen goblins, their health regenerates indefinitely.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Hm so I kept running the same sequence over and over by walking up to the back entrance... and my units will auto all the way up to the final patrol camp. In the film, it shows all my units sitting at the foot of a hill getting picked off by the arcs. Once all my units die, the sequence finishes up and the level ends.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:Yeah I would tend to agree with not rescripting the "glitch" of enemy killing your blue units, but what about the vets? Could prove to be a problem if you are looking to do something specific.
The vets can be fixed from the mapmaking side by setting the new alric's vet count to be the same as the other one's. However, so far, we've been avoiding making any mapmaking changes in recent Myth updates - there are certainly other issues in the base campaign that are somewhat broken that could be fixed (e.g. warrior observer appearing on Baron). Ideally, if we ever decide to do this, it would be good to fix them all, but I'm not sure if we'll ever do a tags update.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

By the way Krok, do you have a film?
Murphfix

Post by Murphfix »

The best idea - Fix 'Em all...for better Myth :wink:
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

The Alric vet thing isn't a big deal... but it would be nice to see him vet up through all the missions you do play with him on, starting with gate of storms.

What film do you want? The one that shows SB not going to the last location or what? Cuz if I get that one, it would show the vets too. Dunno if I even have films of that though so might have to recreate it.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote: What film do you want? The one that shows SB not going to the last location or what? Cuz if I get that one, it would show the vets too. Dunno if I even have films of that though so might have to recreate it.
Yeah, that one.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:So I did an experimental campaign just on timid--where all my original arcs and duffs would carry over since Willow Creek. I wanted them to make it all the way to the forge, just to see if there was a point where they wouldn't carry over. Upon starting twice born, I noticed a few of my vets I had control of, but most of them were being controlled by the north army controlled by the AI. Carrying over into the forge, I only got the dwarf vet because I had control of it, but my 3 original archers were gone because they died during twice born.
This is a hidden higher difficulty. Clearly what needs to happen is you need to send some of your units to the north to save the AI controlled army.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

That's what I did, but funny enough, my 3 vetted arcs from willow creek walked head on into the oncoming myrks while the rest of the army sat still. lol