Comment on my plugin.

Talk about anything here.
juliocpaes

Comment on my plugin.

Post by juliocpaes »

Hello all Mythers, :D

As you all know, I'm newbie "map maker", my maps are very basic or very simple, but I really wanted to do something perfect, or at least let the team animated.
I would like everyone to leave their comments about the rights and wrongs of the plugin, (contributive critics) the staff of the Hl.udogs.net (Hotline), started some optimal instructions to me, but I would like of the opinion of the all staff of the Tain.

My initial plot view is :

-The game start with two heroes, Joan's Gaurd and Jeanne d'Arc into the town of Tristram, accompanied by a berserk, which the player has no control over it, at first he was angrily attacking the Demon Overlord attacking the city, the two heroes must take refuge in the Cathedral Cross near the town theater, the Overlord can not enter the Holy perimeter. then go to the Cathedral, go in the other Cross Cathedral and the Peasant dying will give you a quest, opens the door to the Cathedral and some Skeletons Horror attack the heroes, get rid of them and enter the Cathedral, where another adventure will begin ... this will be another good plugin building, it if people like it, I give the sequence.

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/d ... rsion-myth

now thank by your kindness.

Júlio.
juliocpaes

Re: Comment on my plugin.

Post by juliocpaes »

Hello All,

All you who have opened up the plugin the whole map was grey and everything is invisible...? Some the collections seemed to be messed up and mythlog says it's confused about the map being used and claims it's loading a different mesh.? Everyone who downloaded, please ye give a return and I make a revision.

Julio
Road

Post by Road »

Seems to work fine.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

If you go to Preferences and enable "3D Fog", then the map is all gray and you can't see anything. You must have changed the fog value in the mesh tag using Fear to make it mess up.

The reason it says you are loading The Great Library is because you used the same mesh tag as The Great Library. Duplicate it and then delete the original. That will fix the problem. You also have Willow Creek modified which makes it appear twice on the map list. Delete it if it was done by accident.

I still don't know the name of this plugin. Is it Diablo, Tristram, Tristram Town, Diablo - Tristram Town, Tristram - Diablo 1, Myth of a Diablo - Tristram Town, or something else? Pick one. There is no need to have "version Myth". The Tain is for Myth things so we know it is a Myth plugin.

The overhead map does not match the map. I don't know, there are probably more mistakes but I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do and didn't keep trying.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Pyro wrote:I don't know, there are probably more mistakes but I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do and didn't keep trying.
you are such a lazy bustard.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

vinylrake wrote:
Pyro wrote:I don't know, there are probably more mistakes but I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do and didn't keep trying.
you are such a lazy bustard.
Hey Vinylrake,

I've never seen that word "bustard". Anyway, which is your criticism about my plugin? I need opinions, not much at the time of jokes. To be objective us : the trial is now on my plugin and also about what things I have talked.
I want to improve my plugins for the community Tain. C'mon ...

Julio
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Pyro wrote:If you go to Preferences and enable "3D Fog", then the map is all gray and you can't see anything. You must have changed the fog value in the mesh tag using Fear to make it mess up.

The reason it says you are loading The Great Library is because you used the same mesh tag as The Great Library. Duplicate it and then delete the original. That will fix the problem. You also have Willow Creek modified which makes it appear twice on the map list. Delete it if it was done by accident.

I still don't know the name of this plugin. Is it Diablo, Tristram, Tristram Town, Diablo - Tristram Town, Tristram - Diablo 1, Myth of a Diablo - Tristram Town, or something else? Pick one. There is no need to have "version Myth". The Tain is for Myth things so we know it is a Myth plugin.

The overhead map does not match the map. I don't know, there are probably more mistakes but I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do and didn't keep trying.
<<I still don't know the name of this plugin. Is it Diablo, Tristram, Tristram Town, Diablo - Tristram Town, Tristram - Diablo 1, Myth of a Diablo - Tristram Town, or something else? Pick one. There is no need to have "version Myth". The Tain is for Myth things so we know it is a Myth plugin.>>

Pyro, is right, here I wanted to explain, but I just complicating things.

Pyro, I set the "fog" in Fear to make it mess up by 0.3 of a dark color. I wanted to give an impression of night or dark place.

thanks for reply.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

It is always a good idea to test things before releasing a plugin. If you messed with fog values, you should have tested it. Using fog will not work to make the map look like night because it will not look right and not everyone has 3D Fog on. Find a map that looks dark and see how they did it.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Hey Julio,

I wasn't joking about your map, I think it's great that you are interested in making things for Myth! I encourage you!

I was making a small joke aimed at Pyro. I am sure he knows I was kidding so no feelings were hurt. I am sorry if you feel my comment was inappropriate.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Vinyrake,

Hi friend,

Sorry, I understood wrong, sometimes the words get lost in translation. ok fixed. no problem. :D
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Pyro wrote:It is always a good idea to test things before releasing a plugin. If you messed with fog values, you should have tested it. Using fog will not work to make the map look like night because it will not look right and not everyone has 3D Fog on. Find a map that looks dark and see how they did it.
Pyro Ok, I understand.

I learned that a good map takes months to get ready, and sometimes I put a map hastily without proper testing ..

thanks
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

To be honest this looks like a work in progress so it would be a good idea to give the entry the "beta" flag. There is an extra Willow Creek mesh with changed units and the original pregame text overlapping a new background map. There is another mesh but something is wrong with the name as it shows up as being "Town Tristram, " as well as "The Great Library". The pregame pic is absent. From memory a mesh needs "01" before it to show up in the list without having been played previously.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Eddaweaver,

Thanks for his opinion,

- Yes, a work in progress - beta version;
- Ok. fixed. Extra Willow Creek mesh with changed : I was testing a unit, and I forgot to delete the extra mesh.
- The pre game pic is absent. (?) How absent? did not appear in pregame "Tristram Town" an image of a world map and a picture of the Butcher? a narrative text and sound (music theme diablo)?

muito obrigado ! Julio
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Pregame pic, like when you host a game on Mariusnet.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Eddaweaver wrote:Pregame pic, like when you host a game on Mariusnet.
Ed,

Ok, but this plugin is single-player.