Automatic camera, a suggestion

Talk about anything here.
Rush

Automatic camera, a suggestion

Post by Rush »

This is originally a reply to the discussion on the "new myth 2 attack option" as posted by Samuel A Carver over at the mariusnet forum:

As I was thinking about it... the only thing I'm really missing is a "follow team" option when playing recordings with automatic camera.

I know, I could just follow manually around the map if I want to see what a team did in the game, and maybe the camera still won't show the interesting parts of unit movements as the team may be split up in different parts of the map. But if we're talking about adding anything, THIS is what I think would add some useful value, and it won't change gameplay at all.
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Automatic camera, a suggestion

Post by Melekor »

Sounds like a good idea to me. Replays in general are a good area for improvement. Things like extra zoom, choosing which team's perspective you see (for visibility etc), real time statistics (as opposed to endgame only), recording of players' camera positions, and of course the ultimate one, the ability to seek, rewind and play backwards.

I'm not sure how much of that, if anything, will make it into 1.8. The extra zoom is most likely since it's mostly coded already.
Pan

Re: Automatic camera, a suggestion

Post by Pan »

Is there now Automatic Camera in the new builds of Myth 2? It would be great to be able to watch replays in automatic camera mode.

I can't see any updates on this issue in this forum.

I have tried toggling f12 and tried it with F lock. No dice.

Update: Nevermind, it seems that f12 functionality doesn't work on my laptop. f12 works for autocamera on my desktop keyboard instead.