Myth Short Film needs graphics (and maybe some other help)

Talk about anything here.
jjdante

Myth Short Film needs graphics (and maybe some other help)

Post by jjdante »

Hey all,

First off, I'd like to say it's great to find an active myth board and community, hopefully you'll be able to help some.

I've been working on a short fan film based on myth for a number of years now and it's nearing completion. What I need are some graphics though for the DVD cover and title credits for the film.

Specifically what I'm looking for is the original logo in either high resolution, or a .png or vector graphic file.

The closest I've found is this one here: http://www.oocities.org/ssplayground/im ... thLogo.gif

If I can't find one I may just end up scanning my original box, but I'd prefer not to do this. I was wondering if anyone here had a file of this logo from their mod'ing projects they woudl be willing to share.

thank you for your time.

here is an album of some images from the film for any interested:http://imgur.com/a/gvGbI
the first is a journeyman, then some warriors, then a stygian knight.

other help needed would be if anyone would be interested in doing some line drawings in the theme of the preview narratives for each level. If anyone is interested contact me, I'll get you a copy of the script and arrange to get the film to you for screening. I've written and recorded an opening monologue to replicate the preview narratives for the levels, but I don't have any drawings so I'm considering just cutting that from the film.
GHOST®

Re: Myth Short Film needs graphics (and maybe some other hel

Post by GHOST® »

Interesting. I will be awaiting the release of your film. The pictures seem to show some goodly amount of work has been put into this project. I am curious to see how it stands up to/compares with the old Avon's Grove film of years past. ;o)
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Hey jjdante ,

I am very interested in what you said, so much so that on my website forum,
i put this at publish, any novelty, i want to expose this movie in website Myth Brazil - Portal, please let me know.

Julio
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Heh, Julio and i were discussing this on HL and Pyro did some Uber searching, and came across these . . .
"The Eblis Stone is a short story set in the first game, The Fallen Lords, that details a small part of the journey of the Eblis stone. As fans of the game remember, at the end of the game Alric receives the Eblis Stone from a single berserk who came all the from Willow, a small town west of the Cloudspine. Alric then uses the Eblis stone to vanquish Balor by paralyzing him long enough to sever his head. The Eblis Stone tells the story of a portion of that stone's journey in the west as Balor's agents try to retrieve the stone before it can get to Alric. When complete the film should be about 8-10 minutes long. Production is slated for the end of February 2008."
http://myth.bungie.org/searchresults.html?item=1052

and . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oeByjsFgz4
:: Thumbs Up ::

I really hope you get this finished one day, it looks promising and i really enjoyed your short Utube teaser. ;o)
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Specifically what I'm looking for is the original logo in either high resolution, or a .png or vector graphic file.
I can't seem to find the higher res versions of the logo that I think do exist. It has been a long time, maybe someone else recalls where they might be. The closest I have been able to find are these GIF files similar to the one you linked.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

this character is a Journeyman (healer) ??

Last edited by juliocpaes on Mon May 13, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Here's a fairly high resolution version of the Myth II logo, from the bungie press kit:
http://www.projectmagma.net/%7Emelekor/ ... 5-7-98.png
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

And here's a TFL one (unfortunately not as high resolution): http://www.projectmagma.net/~melekor/up ... ckback.png
jjdante

Post by jjdante »

Melekor wrote:And here's a TFL one (unfortunately not as high resolution): http://www.projectmagma.net/~melekor/up ... ckback.png

thank you melekor that's exactly what I was looking for!

Julio, I'm really glad about your interest in the film, and will be in touch with more news as it unfolds.

Ghost- haha i'm surprised that post is still around for you to even find, must have done some digging! It's cool that you posted the trailer, it's been so long that I forgot it was up on youtube for people to see.

This project was a real passion for me. It has to be, because as a film maker, there's no "heat" to really be gained from a fan film based on a game that is 10+ years old and with such a small following. Unfortunately it got put on the proverbial 'backburner', as life caught up after graduating from college. But a lot of people put a lot of effort into it, and I really want to complete it to the best of my ability.

Currently the edit is complete, there's some special effects that need to be added, a little bit of sound effects, and music. I've added a temporary soundtrack from the myth game soundtracks, but they don't always match the action.

Again, thanks for the help everyone, and if anyone is interested in helping, just pm me. I'm looking for an artist to do pencil drawings in the style of the original games and a musical composer. I actually have a composer but he's been dragging his feet (as happens often in the low budget indie film making world).
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Sounds really interesting. A couple of good composers on this board you might want to send a PM to are Grasshopper and Oroboros. I'm not saying they'll be available or able to help, but they're both very capable & have contributed to myth projects in the past.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

My "myth dream" if there was a series about the our myth, with at least three seasons, like was BBC with actor Jonas Armstrong who plays Robin Hood.
:)

Julio
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Yeah, this fight scene with a stygian knight, see signs on the coast of man, he is a Healer (journeyman).
The journeymans were the defenders Muirthemne, but when Balor razed the city, the few that remained were imposed self sacrifice: each grabbed a gold plate of floor of the city and put on neck, and walking by the world in the form of a wanderer, helping sick and injured in battle.

julio :wink:
Buck Mild

Post by Buck Mild »

This looks pretty cool man! I just wrapped up shooting a few days ago in LA on a few reds myself. I'm doing some editing now and have a couple days of reshoots but I would love to help out in this anyway I can. I can remake a vectorized myth logo for starters - but I also do After Effects if you guys could use some credit sequences or something. I guess I can PM you and we can talk from there.
jjdante

Post by jjdante »

awesome, always cool to meet other film makers. Can't say I shot this on anything as cool as a RED though :( (actually was shot on an HVX with a micro red rock adapter.)
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Mythers,

JJdante is a american film producer, and I can not do much here in Brazil, because I live far away from you all.

come on, If you know anyone,

JJdante, he tried to make the costumes as close to the game as possible on limited budget.
He looking for are a film music composer to do the score and an artist to do pencil drawings in the style of the original game pre-level monologue sequences.he like to talk them.

if anyone has contact with Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori, the producers of the musical Myth perhaps they can serve.

Julio :)