Another tiresome offer ...

Talk about anything here.
paladin MAIK

Another tiresome offer ...

Post by paladin MAIK »

I certainly understand that everyone is tired of questions and answers on the topic of " Take 2 bunch of avaricious villains " , but still ...

Look , we have so many wonderful conversions

+ WAVA

+ Greek plugin

+ TSG

+ Bushido

+ MaraMyth

+ D-Day HR

+ AoM

etc.

Why should we not say to create , from one of these conversions , campaign ( 25 levels ) and replace the whole look Myth II.

Of course, you say, " We have no rights , they are at Take 2, and they want them for $ 1 million . Complete nonsense! "

Well, if you say that means - you utter pissimist and just do not want to believe the best ! Or do you want death Myth?! ...

So , Take 2 wants a lot of money for the rights , why not buy the engine ?
I do not think they want him incredible amount of money.
If it is possible to enlist the support of kickstarter.
I think the most important thing here :

â„– 1 - Solve the problem with Take 2 . It is with the engine. (you can merge it with the patch 1.8, then it is not quite complete rip-off )

â„– 2 - Select the resources that are best suited for creating the game. (conversion)

â„– 3 - Create a campaign and convert Myth.

â„– 4 - Report of the created . (GreenLight)

This is just a guess ...
juliocpaes

Re: Another tiresome offer ...

Post by juliocpaes »

interesting idea and initiative in favor of Myth, I believe the staff forum will think fondly on this topic.

Image thinking forum :D
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

It's an interesting way to bypass the issue of the rights to the Myth story/franchise itself, sort of similar to what Green Berets did.

The part that I'm not completely clear on though is whether the PM devs could be involved in such a thing at all. We've had discussions in the past about just writing a new engine "from scratch" that understands Myth tag files, but while I doubt that would cause any legal problems at this stage, it's also pretty clear that anyone who has been exposed to the Myth source code couldn't be involved in that sort of thing.

As far as approaching Take 2 to get rights to use "the engine", the only problem I foresee is that if the new thing you released had support for plugins (which I'd assume people would require) then it's not clear what the legal status of using all the regular Myth plugins with it would be. Frankly there aren't that many plugins that don't use anything at all from the original tags, and we'd definitely have to prevent stuff like The Fallen Levels from working, for obvious reasons. I'm not sure how you'd still allow mod support with such a restriction.

Would it still be interesting if the resulting game was *only* WAVA, Bushido or whatever? Obviously even if Take 2 was fine with that, the relevant mod creators would have to be involved (which might be a problem for stuff like Bushido).

Unique idea though, kudos for not just pitching the same thing again :)
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

But still agree it's a good idea.

The community has a lot of good people who own mechanics "physics engine" Myth II SB.

By the way about the engine ... I think we can get it only if contact Take 2 as "physics engine" just not for sale. (namely the one that we need)

And more ... "physics engine have" Creative Assembly "(in the game Shogun: Total War), but it does not suit us. :|
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

punkUser wrote:Would it still be interesting if the resulting game was *only* WAVA, Bushido or whatever? Obviously even if Take 2 was fine with that, the relevant mod creators would have to be involved (which might be a problem for stuff like Bushido).

Not true punk user. While the "creators" of a plugin may say something in their readme about reserving rights to their "creation", the process for securing such rights was indeed never followed, and could not be followed as they have no claim to those rights. Thus, the only obligation is that of courtesy which is an application of an individual's personal ethic. For stuff like Bushido, those guys have moved on and while they may get a passing flush of gratitude for your thinking of them they don't give a flying f^@&. (Unless they assumed some potential for the realization of profit, even then there is no legal obligation to them.)

Do I think in such a project they should be approached? Yes. Should such a project be stopped when they don't reply? I guess if the above is not sufficient to indicate that it is not necessary, then nothing else I say will matter.
This message delivered by Interplanetary Telegraph Service
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I do not mean any offense at our Myth players whose native language is something other than English, because they already speak more languages than I do, but I am so going to start calling people 'pissimist' because it might be the best accidental spelling ever.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

The only thing stopping it is the first paragraph :

Number 1 - Solve the problem with Take 2 . It is with the engine. (you can merge it with the patch 1.8, then it is not quite complete rip-off)

Money, money and money again ! This damn problem that destroys all hope for further progress in creating a single game.

I would suggest to supplement conversion "Laws of Evil" ( with permission Khellek course). One could make the 25 levels , music is already there, change the interface , etc. and cut out all the parts of Myth II.

And then after the purchase of the engine, release the game .

But if Take 2 again be called again by its gigantic ... I omit the hands ...
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Like the trow raises a stone, and crushes an enemy, Also "take 2" holds the copyright of the myth, and crushes who want buy with big money. :|