What happened to Maeldun!

Talk about anything here.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Really! Does anyone know what supposedly happened to him following the great war? (I have been off of work for two days and spent it reading myth.bungie.org, and have become interested in his fate. Maybe I should just go for a walk or something)

-DA
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Maeldun... didn't he croak? I thought he was:

Blown up with the Tain, or killed by Shiver.
spectral spirit

Post by spectral spirit »

Haven't thought about him in years. Is he the dude with the strangely shaped staff and the distuinguishable hood?

As far as I know, he was the last of the non - Alric avatara to die. I think it was after or shortly before the war was won, at Bagrada or somewhere.
A wise man once said that wise men were wasted on fools like me.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Well, according myth.bungie, Murgen and Cu Roi died in the Tain. Maeldun was "severly injured" at Bagrada, but it never says that he died. If after the tain is destroyed in TFL, there are three left, Maeldun is definetly one of them (alric and an unamed seem to be the others). Whatever. I figure it is probably time to stop caring and get out of this computer chair :)
Horus

Post by Horus »

Rabican encircled and crushed by The Watcher outside of Seven Gates.

Cu Roi and Murgen killed when the Tain was shattered.

Maeldun seriously/mortally wounded at Bagrada.

Alric alive throughout.

Two unamed Avatara killed in the Head's civil war.

Since it doesn't exactly say anything about the other two, and the fact that it mentions Maeldun losing Bagrada to The Deceiver in the same journal entry as talking of the Avatara being "The Three", I'd guess Maeldun died like a day after his injury.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I always wanted to make a co/op stage or two about the Civil War in the West. Never got round to it (having used up my patience on Freedom 1&2 instead).
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Guest wrote:I always wanted to make a co/op stage or two about the Civil War in the West.
hehe...join the club. I know loads of people who were planning to do something like that at some point or another. I was actually in the middle of doing it myself, but then I got involved with TFV instead, so I ditched it (though I may end up releasing one of the levels I made for it). Oh well, making TFV is much more fun anyway.

A-Red
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Damn. I think we all must want that. If there is such an interest, we should make it a big deal! I wish I had mapmaking skills :(

What a sloppy nonsense post...