Flavor Texts

Talk about anything here.
Jeoku

Flavor Texts

Post by Jeoku »

Hey everyone. I am trying to figure out if there is an easy way to find all of the flavor texts in this game. Is there an easier way then playing every mission and writing it all down? I haven't got into fear and loathing and don't have the skills to mod and thought maybe some of you map makers/moders out there would know of a good way to do this. I want to get the flavor text for all three Myth games.
juliocpaes

Re: Flavor Texts

Post by juliocpaes »

Jeoku wrote:Hey everyone. I am trying to figure out if there is an easy way to find all of the flavor texts in this game. Is there an easier way then playing every mission and writing it all down? I haven't got into fear and loathing and don't have the skills to mod and thought maybe some of you map makers/moders out there would know of a good way to do this. I want to get the flavor text for all three Myth games.
Hi Jeoku,

I might be able to help you, you give an example of what you need.

an edition of a pregame-text and others text, it is possible only by the tool "fear".

julio
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

Hey Julio. How are you doing? I am looking for the unit descriptions flavor texts. I want to compile them all so I can learn more Myth lore from them. I am just trying to figure out the easiest way to do this. By unit descriptions I am talking about the text below their name when you have them selected. Just FYI, I checked it out and it appears the unit descriptions flavor text is different for the same unit types between Myth I and Myth II. Obviously Myth 3 has it's own too.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

Godzfire, yes I am aware of the encyclopedia on bungie.org. Honestly I do not know if they have all the unit descriptions flavor texts on there or not. Also, they do not have any Myth 3 flavor texts. It would probably be smart of me to start with the flavor texts on there and then fill in any gaps that may or may not exist.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Jeoku wrote:Hey Julio. How are you doing? I am looking for the unit descriptions flavor texts. I want to compile them all so I can learn more Myth lore from them. I am just trying to figure out the easiest way to do this. By unit descriptions I am talking about the text below their name when you have them selected. Just FYI, I checked it out and it appears the unit descriptions flavor text is different for the same unit types between Myth I and Myth II. Obviously Myth 3 has it's own too.
Hello my friend Jeoku,

Ok, I understood, watch a quick video. ( you go in "fear", and open folder "string list", and there "warrior flavor", bowman flavor, dwarf flavor, and etc etc. and copy and paste a notepad https://youtu.be/_1Gn0ORbvnI
Last edited by juliocpaes on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

Awesome. Thankyou Julio. I will figure it out for Myth 3.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Jeoku wrote:Awesome. Thankyou Julio. I will figure it out for Myth 3.
for myth 1, you download http://projectmagma.net/downloads/TFL_Solo/

and after you extract the folders and place them in the "local" folder, and after you do the same process.

tool for extration tags http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/untag-51-win

as for myth 3 we do not have access to folders yet :(
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

Julio, your suggestions for Myth 2 worked very well. Couple of questions if anyone can help with getting the Myth 1 and 3 unit description flavor texts.

1. I found the Myth III flavor text in the tag folder (small_localized.tag) using Vengeance and opened the strings much like Julio suggested for Myth II. I am seeing some weird text symbol. For example this is the Bowmen Flavor text. Any idea why it is doing this? Maybe it is just because Vengeance isn't translating the quotation marks right.

ÒÉthe Bowmen of Llancarfan are common folk, trained only in marksmanship and not military tactics. Unlike the rigorous training undergone by typical soldiers, bowmen are not known for their strength and stamina. This slow movement and light armor is the center of many jokes among the soldiers, but the thoughts of an arrow in their eye at a hundred paces cuts their laughter shortÉÓ
ÒÉcenturies past, the men of Cath Bruig made war with the forest dwelling firÕBolg. Driven from their forest homes by the Trow, they made their way into the Downs. None remember how the conflict started, but after several years of war, Llancarfan drove the firÕBolg West, across the Cloudspine. Though this was a bitter victory, the art of archery was adopted by the Cath Bruig armyÉÕ

2. I am out of town right now and sounds like I need to use the tool to extract the tags from the Myth TFL Disc. I see I can extract the tags from the plugin and I am guessing this probably has all of the flavor texts but it would be nice to know for sure.
hmp

Post by hmp »

You should be able to get the tfl ones from myth 2. They should be in "patch 1.5 unity"
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

SOME OF MYTH 3 ...

ARCHER FLAVOR

“…the Bowmen of Llancarfan are common folk, trained only in marksmanship and not military tactics."
"Unlike the rigorous training undergone by typical soldiers, bowmen are not known for their strength and stamina."
"This slow movement and light armor is the center of many jokes among the soldiers, but the thoughts of an arrow in their eye at a hundred paces cuts their laughter short…”
“…centuries past, the men of Cath Bruig made war with the forest dwelling fir’Bolg. Driven from their forest homes by the Trow, they made their way into the Downs."
" None remember how the conflict started, but after several years of war, Llancarfan drove the fir’Bolg West, across the Cloudspine. Though this was a bitter victory, the art of archery was adopted by the Cath Bruig army…’

CONNACHT FLAVOR

"The devils ran throughout the streets, rending his clansmen, and feeding on his family. Screams were the only defenses they could muster. The young boy could only stare silently and watch…”
“Salivating, the night-furred beast grinned at the thought of an easy meal. The boy, once paralyzed with fear, now gave into burning rage. Hurling himself at the devil, he screamed his clan’s battle-cry, and swung his axe at the beast. With a gurgling rush of blood, the Myrkridia fell into the dirt; the axe splitting its head. ‘So’, he spoke over the corpse, ‘they can be killed’…”

DWARF FLAVOR

“…Ghôls swarmed into the canyon. Endil stood, cornered, greeting oblivion with defiance."
"When he could smell the breath of the beasts, Endil drew from his pack a ceramic bottle. Grinning like a child, Endil shouted, ‘Eat this!’ and hurled the cocktail."
"The ensuing explosion set off the satchel charges lining the canyon. All that remained of the Ghôls were the small pieces lodged in Endil's still grinning teeth…”
“…encircling the primitive shrine, a dozen dwarves stood ready. Moving swiftly from the rocky mound, Anteli shouted, ‘Set and ready!’"
"He barely set foot from the Ghôl temple when the flaming bottles were in the air. The blast knocked him many feet away, as multiple explosions echoed across the desert"
"Spitting dirt from his mouth, Anteli turned to see the oily cloud rising from the blackened crater…”

HEARTHGUARDS FLAVOR

"Leaping from the tree, Ulrik drove his spear down into the head of the Myrkridian Giant. As the beast dropped to the dirt, kicking its death throes, Ulrik bellowed his war-cry to the advancing Myrkridian devils."
"With snarling hisses, the fell creatures retreated back into the darkness. There would be no feeding this night"
"We are guardians of the Hearth. Our spears deal vengeance; our shields defend our clan. Our eyes are ever vigilant; our hearts know no fear. We are guardians of the Hearth. And the Devils that defile our clans be our enemies"

HERON GUARDS FLAVOR

“…every year, a thousand of the empire’s most skilled soldiers are led into the imperial arena. After days of battling and riddle-solving, all but one hundred are dismissed."
"These chosen move into the Great Training Hall where the greatest heroes of the Royal Order teach them the ways of combat."
"After a year’s training, only five of the initiates are chosen to become true Heron Guards…”
“The Heron Guard were founded in the time of the Third Emperor Folsom. His procession attacked by Myrkridia, a lone warrior wielding dual swords fought back the devils and personally saved the Emperor."
"This warrior was Ihsa’sum, who claimed to be from the East. The Emperor, so marveling at his skill and bravery, bid him to the city of Llancarfan to train his finest guardsmen…”
“…taught to them by the Avatara, the use of Mandrake Root to heal is an ancient and complex ritual. The root must only be gathered during a full moon, and remain untouched by human hands."
"Each root so extracted is imbued with five drops of the maker’s blood, branded with a symbol of potency, and wrapped in cloth so as not to be touched until the healing is desired…”

MYRK FLAVOR

“…Well fatted by the countless years of preying upon defenseless victims, the bulk of the Myrkridian packs became slothful and cowardly… they made up for this weakness by traveling in hunting prides, lead by the strongest male…”
“…The Myrkridia raised their gore-crusted muzzles to listen. The trumpeting horns and the clamor of spears against shields sounded the approach of the Hearthguard. When the first spears fell into the group of Myrkridia, they fled from the village, leaving their partially eaten prey behind in their beds…”

MYRK GIGANT FLAVOR

“In more than one telling of the story, the titanic beast that laid siege to the village of Roghorst was said to have the visage of a Myrkridian Devil and stand the size of a Trow… The Hearthguard of the village were said to have fled when they saw their captain torn in twain between the beast's great claws…”
“Although clever by most standards, it is doubtful that the giants among the Myrkridia construct the skull-woven belts that they often wear. It is also unlikely that the volatile enchantments placed upon the skulls are performed by the same lumbering beasts. It is speculated that pack-mages create these charms to bolster the destructive might of their giant brethren…”

OGRE FLAVOR

“…in the slave-camps near Avernus, the Oghre have a fable passed down from generation to enslaved generation. The story speaks of a far-away land where the Oghre ruled themselves—and built homes and palaces not for their masters, but for their own. These ancient Oghre were adept scholars and great warriors who challenged all who would stand against them…”
“…Culled of any magical potential many generations ago, a few Oghre have learned how to resist the Trow’s enslavement dreams. These Oghre have incited revolt in their fellow slaves for decades—but each uprising has been utterly smashed by the Trow overseers. But the seed of dissention has been sewn, and it is only time before the mighty Oghre rise up to reclaim their freedom…”

THRALL FLAVOR

“…from… every barrow… every cairn… every mausoleum… dead were taken. The most holy of sanctuaries were defiled as the bodies of the dead were loaded onto great wagons, piled high with corpses and buzzing flies. These were rolled before the feet of Bahl’al, and within minutes, the ancient dead were clawing their way through the piled masses of writhing corpses…”
“…The men of the Dru’Cullah made their last stand against the Watcher’s army. As dawn broke, a shifting mass appeared on the horizon—not the heat of the sun rising from the glen—but a sea of deathless corpses shambling towards Dru’Cullah. The population of neighboring villages had swelled the ranks of the dead. Many soldiers took their own lives, but at the days end, all marched for the Watcher…”

TROW IRON WARRIOR FLAVOR

“…seeking fuel for their great forges, the Trow plundered the great northern forests—the ancestral home of the Forest Giants. They bid the Trow leave them be, but the arrogant Trow refused them…”
“…The war between them lasted for centuries, but the Trow eventually laid low their lands. As the Forest Giants withdrew to southern forests, the iron forges of the Trow grew strong…”
“…Oghre upon Oghre threw themselves at the Iron Warrior, only to be slaughtered with single blows. Spears bristling from their armored mail, they approached the fortress step by bloody step…”
“…Massive hurled bounders only cracked to dirt on the Trow’s iron hide. With one mighty blow, the Trow struck the wall—sending a shower of stone and mortar into the Oghre fortress…”

WARLOCK FLAVOR,

“…The search for the Ultimate Truth is the focus of all Warlocks. Knowledge of this truth allows them to manipulate the fabric of the world. They search for the Essence of Existence—a secret they believe they can find through the ashes of burning flame and communing with powerful forces. Some say these forces are merely masks for the Dark Gods, but warlocks reply to this accusation with only frowns…”
“…the flame danced before his eyes… whispering secrets to his mind… beckoning him to stare deeper… promising power… Just a little more concentration… the secret he looked for was almost within his grasp… he felt a pain seize him… but he yearned to stare even deeper into the flame… into the power… With a struggle, his willpower overpowered the destructive thoughts, and he began again.…”
“The Warlocks were born from a schism between the order of Avatara—Mazzarin and a powerful sorceress named Moytirra. Mazzarin forbid certain dark magics, stating that they led only to one’s death. Moytirra challenged him, saying that power is all that matters and must be attained by any means. After the battle, she left and formed her own magical Order of Scholomance…”

WARRIOR FLAVOR

“…the splendid city of Llancarfan is the heart of the Cath Bruig Empire; the pinnacle of human civilization and knowledge."
" For a thousand years, the city’s defenders have held its gates from siege, and protected its citizens with religious fervor."
"The soldiers of Llancarfan pledge their lives and their blades to the Emperor, the Cath Bruig, and its peoples…"
“…back to back we fought, the legion of the dead pushing at us from all directions. Mind-numbed and muscles burning, I almost longed for oblivion. Then, a sword blow shattered the corpse before me."
"Blinking in unbelief I stared at the mailed warrior before me. Slaying another walking dead, he turned to me and said, ‘I’m with the fourth division. We’ll take it from here’…”

WIGHT FLAVOR

“…The necromantic art of creating wights is not an involved process, but a timely one. Into the selected cadaver’s chest and stomach, a mixture of dung, night-polyps, and Kzir fly larva are inserted."
"The cavity is then tightly sewn up and the Dream of Undeath is bestowed. The corpse must be caged and left to ripen for at least two moons… great care must be taken not to injure the specimen…”
“…festering in their putrid innards, the filthy ployp fungus feeds off the rotting flesh, and produces a gaseous toxin, so potent and noxious, that it spreads into the very muscle, pore, and bone."
"Only the stretched and inflated skin keeps the venomous gasses contained. The pustulant flesh is a concoction of virulent diseases; one of which spreads the so-called ‘bleeding death-fever’…”
“The Great Cleansing spread across the land—anyone who was claimed to dabble in the Necromantic arts was dragged screaming to the pyre"
"Culwyeh barely escaped the torch by fleeing into a fetid swampland. Unyielding revenge controlled his mind; searching for a way to strike back at his foes. Though it took many years, he indeed brought to life his first ‘Messenger’…”
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

So will the tags from the "Patch 5 Unity" and the tags from the Magma level plugin will include all the tags? Also I am guessing that the Patch 5 Unity is the file under the plugins in Myth 2. Is there a better way to view these tags then using the untag tool and then viewing the document with notepad?
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Jeoku wrote:So will the tags from the "Patch 5 Unity" and the tags from the Magma level plugin will include all the tags? Also I am guessing that the Patch 5 Unity is the file under the plugins in Myth 2. Is there a better way to view these tags then using the untag tool and then viewing the document with notepad?
ok.

check this tagset http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/tfl-flavors TFL FLAVORS.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Jeoku wrote:So will the tags from the "Patch 5 Unity" and the tags from the Magma level plugin will include all the tags? Also I am guessing that the Patch 5 Unity is the file under the plugins in Myth 2. Is there a better way to view these tags then using the untag tool and then viewing the document with notepad?
string list full of patch 5 unity (put in your "local" folder and view by the tool "fear")

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lpjefhy2sb64 ... BZxTa?dl=0
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

You can open flavor texts directly from tag files or plugins using Oak.