New to project magma help

Talk about anything here.
Destro33

New to project magma help

Post by Destro33 »

I recently found my old copy of Myth 2 and am pumped to get back into it but must admit I am not as tech savvy as I though I was and need some help. I am running it on Windows 10 and am trying to download the tfl update, I have downloaded it and tried moving it into the plug ins folder but it hasn't worked and I think I am doing something wrong when trying to unzip the file and am not sure if anyone has had that problem or could help give me guidance? Any help would be appreciated!!
Jeoku

Re: New to project magma help

Post by Jeoku »

You just have to take the file and put it in the plug-in folder. It won't show up until you restart Myth 2. You need to unzip it first and the file needs to be placed directly in the folder (not under a subfolder).

By TFL update I assume you mean the Fallen Levels.
Reiginoob

Post by Reiginoob »

Couple of things to check:

1. Have you updated to Myth II v1.8.3?

2. When you click 'New Game', a dialog box should appear (if it doesn't, try shift-clicking). By default it will list the Myth II levels. To play The Fallen Levels, you will need to choose 'Magma - The Fallen Levels' in the 'Campaign' box to see the Myth 1 levels.

3. If all else fails, as a long shot you could log onto the multiplayer server and ask if someone could host a TFL co-op game. If their game shows white you have the plugin and you'll be able to join. If it shows red, you don't have the plugin (or you haven't installed it properly).

If it's still not working, maybe post a screenshot of your plugins folder. There should be a file in there with the name 'Magma - The Fallen Levels v2'. I don't think it should have a file extension in the name but I'm on Mac so it may be different on the windows version.

Also, what exactly isn't working? Is the game starting up at all? Can you play Myth 2 levels?
Destro33

Post by Destro33 »

Thank you Everyone! I finally got it to work, the only issue I have now is one that is probably a simple solution but I can't seem to figure it out, my game screen doesn't go full screen on my desktop and wasn't sure if anyone could give me a pointer?
Reiginoob

Post by Reiginoob »

That's good news. If you look in Preferences there's a checkbox labelled 'Windowed'. If it's unchecked it should play full screen.