Old film recordings; tracking down Daniel "Asmodeus" Gentry

Talk about anything here.
el_sapo_guapo

Old film recordings; tracking down Daniel "Asmodeus" Gentry

Post by el_sapo_guapo »

Hey guys, I'm a big fan of solo play of these games. I remember watching some videos of Daniel "Asmodeus" Gentry back in the day; no damage, etc. It was incredible. Anyway, I've found the "recordings" in raw old school myth film format but it won't load in the new Magma version of Myth.

Anyway, just trying to see if anyone can help me try and get these recordings to work, and also track down Daniel.
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Old film recordings; tracking down Daniel "Asmodeus" Gen

Post by Melekor »

Myth I or Myth II?

For Myth I you will need to run the original version that the films were recorded with.

For Myth II, the latest update should be compatible with all old Myth II films from any version. If you found some that don't work, you can upload the films here as a bug report.
el_sapo_guapo

Post by el_sapo_guapo »

These are Myth 1 films... recorded many ages ago. Are they completely useless unless I can essentially somehow install and run Myth 1 on a super old comp?

Here is a link to one of the film packs.

http://myth.bungie.org/mythmaster/archi ... Damage.zip

I'm sure someone would be able to look at one and determine if it's hopeless to pursue or not... It might seem ridiculous but I'm almost willing to pay to help facilitate being able to watch these films in some shape or form.

Anyway, thanks for the help.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

It's probably possible to run it with some kind of emulation (e.g. WINE) instead of physically setting up a super old computer. The trick will be finding the right Myth I binary to run, the film files are dated before may 2000, so that puts an upper bound on which version it might be.

The 1.3 updater found here is dated from 1999 so I think that would be the most likely patch version.
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Gaming/%20Myt ... 20updater/
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

I can try those specific films if you like but I downloaded a lot of films and they worked for me on Windows 10. It does take a little bit of work to get Myth TFL to run though. I watched a lot of Asmodeus and other people's films from there. I used them for my YT videos.
el_sapo_guapo

Post by el_sapo_guapo »

I'd be curious if you're able to run any of the ones in the zip I linked above. I don't really have the ability to do a Windows thing right now... Maybe an old binary of the game through emulation like Melekor was saying... Bums me out cuz I really want to watch these specific films again. I swear he did the "Watcher" on legendary with no damage, which seems impossible.

Anyway, let me know if you try loading one up and seeing what happens. Thanks!
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Confirmed TFL 1.3: I was able to play the Asmodeus recordings on TFL 1.3 on windows 8 using the TFL launcher
http://projectmagma.net/~melekor/tfllauncher/
el_sapo_guapo

Post by el_sapo_guapo »

Ok well I'm hoping since I'm on Mac I won't run any issues. Thank you for checking on the films for me.