The Flaws of The Fallen Levels - that no ones seems to notice or care but

Talk about anything here.
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

alright so ive been playing the fallen levels recently cuz i just get these need for TFL vives and then a found a few flaws:

-Journeymen are myth 2 jmans!

-Alric's flavor is Mazzarin's flavor!

-Myrmidons are iron's myrmidons! (i like them alot, alot more than the TFL myrms, but there are the mythTFL ported myrms which would look nicer alongside with other TFL units. I'm just not a fan of low frame numbered units with intensely smooth units... does that make sense? im just a real bitch about these small things....

-i think the soulless are myth 2 soulless too? if i recall correctly...

and then again, not like anyone else is giving shit about it but you know if there is ever a v3 maybe you could look into it... and if its really easy (i dunoo how to port units) maybe some one could tell me how so i wont go nuts about it everytime i play???

thanks for your time! by the way its still awesome as F you guys are gods for doin it
the longer you hold it, the warmer it gets.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Mostly correct. Jmen use M2 string lists. Alric's flavor is the same in the original TFL. Soulless collections were always the same in both games.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

These things annoyed me too.
Gameplay wise it was all spot on, of course. But I figured I'd be the only pedant around who'd care that Soulblighter had a M2 flavour.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
spectral spirit

Post by spectral spirit »

Did anyone else have problems with the level intros. They're distorted and freeze for me.
A wise man once said that wise men were wasted on fools like me.
lank

Post by lank »

also, who's noticed that the mayor of otter ferry has only standard villager health? he should have a health bar about as long as he is tall and be able to withstand more than three arrows or hits.
*toot*
Dio

Post by Dio »

Hmmm....I personally don't mind the changes. I have TFL installed as well as M2. So if I want to play TFL, I do.
Regarding souls: I thought they were TFL souls! They are far more accurate and seem to reload faster.
Thanks for even making the huge plug, since I have no idea how to port anything.
Dio's wish list:
5 legends plug with dark unit heroes instead.
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
spectral spirit

Post by spectral spirit »

Was it just artsound.gor that Myth Dark modified?
A wise man once said that wise men were wasted on fools like me.
some1

Post by some1 »

Dio wrote:Dio's wish list:
Have you tried playing "shiver" with the reversal tagset? Id say that somethin like what you want.
capital

Post by capital »

spectral spirit wrote:Was it just artsound.gor that Myth Dark modified?

artsound.gor is not touched by Myth Dark, however, tags.gor is. The upshot though is that if you want to play Myth Dark, you can download The Dark Campaign TFL, which empolys the use of the Myth Dark levels in the form of a plugin, in lieu of having to keep a seperate tags.gor--which is rather inconvenient.

Dark Campaign TFL

Edited By capital on 1123923456
capital

Post by capital »

Dio wrote:Dio's wish list:
Its already available:

Fallen Legends

Another varient of the legends series:

Legendary II

And those in the mood for a total dwarven campaign:

Dwarven Legion

All courtesy of CBC.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

It was always a dream of mine to do a proper Dark campaign. I mean one where you control the opposing side, and not merely the same troops converted to Dark units. I mean it'd be wicked, you script the Light team to basically act out a solo level as a good player would, and you control piddly Dark armies. As the level progresses you get reinforcements because that's just how the Dark does things.
You'd have to do it that way, because if you got a solo Dark army lumpsum, you could noob rush the Light and end things pretty quickly.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

Am I the only person that notices the difference in looks between tfl wars and myth2 wars? I mean the coloring is obviously different