The Eblis Campaign

Talk about anything here.
Deqlyn

The Eblis Campaign

Post by Deqlyn »

I did not witness the events I am about to relate, but instead repeat here the stories of those who lived them. It wasn’t until after the Great War that I fell upon this missing journal, undoubtedly written by the Berserk who brought Alric the Eblis Stone.

Friday August 5th
Crow’s Bridge

In two days travel we made it to Crow’s Bridge. Our numbers do not exceed more than a small patrol but we are the fiercest soldiers Willow has to offer. We traveled light so we could catch the legion but there is no sign of their presence anywhere: patrols, sentries, nothing.

We sent a scout to investigate the town across the bridge and he returned with a fatally wounded warrior Garrett. He said they stayed behind to defend the town while the Legion continued south to Madrigal. The defenders easily defeated what was thrown at them the first day but the undead returned with more forces last night and overwhelmed them.

We have made the decision to charge blindly into the town and save anyone who may still be alive. Garrett said that before he fell they were forming a defensive perimeter around the center of town and if anyone was alive that is where they would be.

We are not sure of their numbers but there is no absence of courage within our group. There is no time to waste.

Sunday August 7th
North of Madrigal

I am not sure who was more surprised, the thrall we hacked to death from behind or the men we rescued. They were grateful we saved them from encirclement and so were the townsfolk. We are now making haste for Madrigal; the men we rescued include one Dwarf and a few Fir’Bolg archers, one of whom, gru’Man, makes claims to eight kills at Crow’s Bridge.

Björn, one of our own from the town of Madrigal has led us directly south from Crow’s Bridge instead of taking the long road to Otter Ferry. He claims you can cross the Scamander River in a spot hidden by the Lords of Madrigal.

Crossing the Scamander we came upon an enemy encampment. It appears the enemy is aware of this route and waiting to ambush those fleeing the city. There are over 500 thrall, soulless, and myrmidons lead by one of Shiver’s Lieutenants at this crossing.

While deciding what action to take gru’Man has come up with a bold plan. Most of the forces are at the front of the camp except for a few body guards, gru’Man will shoot the Shade with an arrow tipped with poison that should stun the Shade for a few seconds. We’ll then charge in and slay him. He claims killing the Shade will also destroy the undead bound to him. Let’s hope he is right and his aim is true.

Monday August 8th
Siege of Madrigal

Not once did gru’Man miss. I now believe the stories he has told us about his skill. Once we destroyed the Shade, his army melted as if they were dropped into the ancient Volcano Tharsis. We have cleared the Northern escape route in case Madrigal is to fall. We also dealt a devastating blow to Shiver’s army.

We have snuck into Madrigal and are exhausted. We have traveled nearly non-stop from Willow but we cannot rest yet. The army of the Dark is outside the gates and the mood is grim. We have joined the garrison forces and let them know that the Legion is attacking Shiver’s flank from the North. I have convinced the garrison’s commander to lead a frontal assault with the legion; it is our best and only chance.

Other attempts at defeating Fallen Lords have been futile but rumors have been circling that Rabican has uncovered Shiver’s weakness. If we can destroy her we can surely defeat her army.

Thursday November 3rd
Victor’s Bridge

It took four days to defeat Shiver’s army even after Rabican killed her in the first night. The undead attacked mercilessly but with no order or direction. The Avatara are still trying to understand how they could possible continue to fight after their Master died.

After the Battle, Rabican confronted our small group and said we played a pivotal roll in the battle by killing one of Shiver’s top Lieutenants. Our reward was to scout ahead of the legion take and hold the bridge South of Silvermines that crosses the Ire River.

We are approaching the bridge now and none of us have a good feeling about it. The legion is two at least 2 days behind us so if we run across the Watcher we will be doomed. The only good news we have is that gru’Man is still with us and Rabican also sent Balin, a dwarven pathfinder, to help us.

We have seen shadows moving about the bridge, we will move to take the bridge at first light.

Saturday November 29th
Seven Gates

I have turned back my journal to log this event due to the devastating loss to the Rabican’s Army.

Our scouts came rushing into camp alerting everyone that Watcher is here. We are now pinned in the pass between the Watcher’s and the Deceiver’s army. As if things could not get any worse the volcano Tharsis has erupted melting the ice and snow blocking any possible escape routes that may be left.

Rabican has instructed the legion to split up and fight westward in hopes to escape the pass. He is going to directly engage the Watcher so that the Legion might escape, knowing very well it is suicide.

Like the undead at Madrigal, the Legion is no longer a formidable army; conditions have turned into every man for himself. Our group decided to stay together and attempt to sneak past the Watcher and head into a cave. Balin insists he knows a route through the mountains that can get us to Forest Heart.

Monday May 18th
Muirthemne

After several days wondering through old caves and sneaking passed the Watcher we reached Forest Heart. We met up with Alric and the men who rescued him from the Deceiver’s clutches. Maeldun finally made his way through the Cloudspine and we were once again with the Legion.

Alric is getting ready to lead the Legion to battle now that it is spring but he also made separate plans for us. After trading stories with him about the war he is confident the men of willow can bring him one of the five Eblis Stones.

We are to head to the destroyed city of Muirthemne to find it. Alric said that two other Fallen Lords are occupying the city, so he is sending the Five Champions with us. Balin has taken a different fate and will join his brethren to retake the town of Myrgard or die trying.

After obtaining the stone we are supposed to meet Alric on the North side of the Gjol River just south of Rhi Anon. Getting the stone out of Muirthemne will be hard enough, let alone navigating through the dire marsh.

Thursday June 25th
South of the Gjol

As if it has already been written in time we escaped Muirthemne. The five champions lead a diversion through the world knot leading the enemy away so we could escape through the East gate.

We are now on the south side of the Gjol River behind Soulblighter’s army. It appears the Legion is still alive because Soulblighter is preparing to attack north. Again we have reached another crossroad. Between us and the legion is an army of thousands, and going around will take too much time.

The rest of the men have volunteered to create a diversion and get Soulblighters attention to chase them east through Dire Marsh. I have tried to trade places with several men so they can live on but they insist on sacrificing themselves for the greater good.

We are waiting until Soulblighter rallies to move his army north then we will begin the attack. I am waiting on the far west side for an opening to run past Soulblighter and his army. This will be my last journal entry.