Where's the TFL Demo Maps Pack?

Talk about anything here.
Isolder

Where's the TFL Demo Maps Pack?

Post by Isolder »

I saw it the other day and now I can not find it. There is a map pack out there of custom meshes/maps/etc put together that worked with the TFL demo. I am looking for it. Anyone know where it is?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Where's the TFL Demo Maps Pack?

Post by Pyro »

I don't know what you are talking about. You have made a mistake. Here are a few other things you might mean.

Myth II (1.7) Demo for Windows and for Mac OSX.

Or perhaps you meant The Fallen Levels Myth 2 plugin that lets you play the TFL solo maps on Myth 2. There is also a Myth TFL Multiplayer Mappack plugin which has a bunch of the TFL multiplayer maps for Myth 2. There is also a TFL Interface for Myth 2 as well.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

I think you're talking about this
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Gaming/%20Myt ... %20V23.zip

It is a plugin for the full version of TFL which contains most of the maps which were made for the TFL demo.
Isolder

Post by Isolder »

Pyro wrote:I don't know what you are talking about. You have made a mistake. Here are a few other things you might mean.
I know what I am talking about. People modded files that allowed various changes to played in the TFL demo.
Eddaweaver wrote:It is a plugin for the full version of TFL which contains most of the maps which were made for the TFL demo.
Nah it's not this.. I wish I could find it. There was a page somewhere with it and it listed off everything in it. I'll have to scour the sites I guess. Thanks for the link.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Why play a modified demo if you can play the full game? What is the point? That is what I meant by you not knowing what you are talking about.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Isolder wrote: Nah it's not this.. I wish I could find it. There was a page somewhere with it and it listed off everything in it. I'll have to scour the sites I guess. Thanks for the link.
The only site I've ever seen that had demo maps was a collection of .gor files which was organized by stratman. But Stratman combined all those .gor files into one massive .gor file, the latest (i know of) is called 'Demo Maps V23.gor'. This is the file that edda gave you a link for.

I understand IF this is not what you are looking for then it's of no use to you, just didn't know if you knew the history of the 'demo maps v23.gor' plugin.

If you want to compare between the original list of .gors created for the demo and the v23 plugin you could download the v23 plugin, fire it up in MythTFL and compare the list of maps/plugins against this list (http://mything.org/index.php?a=article- ... 0000002774) which is from stratman's old download site. (the links I fully expect to be broken, I just put the page up so you could see what was there)
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Pyro wrote:Why play a modified demo if you can play the full game? What is the point? That is what I meant by you not knowing what you are talking about.
An assortment of people played on the TFL demo. Some just really liked I'll Dance On Your Grave. Others may had been banned, clashed with admins, liked helping novices or unable to buy the full game. The server got taken down after someone ported the Desert cmap and an admin went on and saw and was eager to recommend to Bungie that the server be closed.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I didn't mean why play the demo, back then, but now.