The Grecian Myth Game

Talk about anything here.
Blaac the Berserker

The Grecian Myth Game

Post by Blaac the Berserker »

While looking for Myth covers, I discovered this cover for an old Amiga game, also called Myth. It doesn't have anything to do with the Myth series or Bungie, but the cover is intriguing because of the title. The font of the title reminds me of Bungie's Myth font. At first glance, it looks like it could be an ancient Grecian precursor to Myth: The Fallen Lords. This Myth game, developed by Magnetic Scrolls, is really just a visual text adventure game where you play as Poseidon. This information is covered from this link.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/myth

It got me thinking, though. Would an Ancient Greek styled Myth prequel work? I know the setting of the game is mainly in a Celtic-Scandinavian fantasy world, but what of the rest of the world? Could there have been other ancient civilizations which existed in the world of Myth besides the Cath Bruig who have been wiped out centuries ago? Either from an early encounter with the Fallen Lords, or from gods and monstrosities inspired by Greek mythology? Maybe the fall of this empire set the stages for the Fallen Lords?

Or, if that's not possible, why not just a Myth game that's set in a Ancient Greek fantasy setting separate from the main Myth universe with its own world and antagonists?
"You fools! Where do you think you're going?"
"We're going to the shrine to pray for help!"
"Then you waste your time. The gods aren't listening."
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: The Grecian Myth Game

Post by Pyro »

Google "carlinho greek myth". The Tain is down at the moment so I can't fetch the unfinished plugin.

EDIT: Found this old webpage with pics.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

I don't see why not but unless someone is planning on making such a game us speculating about it won't make it happen

That wasn't the only game called Myth for the Amiga
https://www.mobygames.com/game/myth-his ... rId,93327/
Blaac the Berserker

Post by Blaac the Berserker »

Thanks, Pyro. I'll be sure to check it out.

And thanks too, Eddaweaver. It is remarkable to see what previous games titled Myth were like. It's especially interesting that both those Myths were Amiga titles. It still would've interesting if an early game had existed which preceded the story of The Fallen Lords. If such a game existed, I'd imagine it as a very hard tactical early 90s game with WarCraft II's graphics.
"You fools! Where do you think you're going?"
"We're going to the shrine to pray for help!"
"Then you waste your time. The gods aren't listening."
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Myth TFL style gameplay would have been possible on a much slower computer with appropriate allowances.

They had the same idea with "Braveheart" and "Castles II" but it was poorly executed.