Water/Media Grid

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
remedial

Water/Media Grid

Post by remedial »

I seem to remember using a grid file (red lines that showed you the way a mesh would be divided into triangles in loathing while you are still working in Photoshop)

Does anyone know where I could grab one of these? I figure I could make one but I'm not sure how/lazy.

Thanks in advance-

rem.
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Water/Media Grid

Post by Melekor »

remedial

Post by remedial »

Many many thanks!
Point

Post by Point »

if your using photoshop or any other photo editing tool to do your color map and want accurate model placement etc. Just use the grid tool in the program for photoshop set the gridlines to every 64 pixels with subdivisions 8 ... if you do use one of the old grid overlays align it with the grid for accuracy.

have fun ..

PoinT.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Point wrote:if your using photoshop or any other photo editing tool to do your color map and want accurate model placement etc. Just use the grid tool in the program for photoshop set the gridlines to every 64 pixels with subdivisions 8 ... if you do use one of the old grid overlays align it with the grid for accuracy.

have fun ..

PoinT.
PoinT,

It would be something like this? https://youtu.be/P9FtptMerRc
remedial

Post by remedial »

Thanks, dudes. Using the overlay grid for now and it's working wonders. Not placing any models- but that's a good tip for the future.