Is 1.8.3 the end of Myth?

Talk about anything here.
Scoob

Is 1.8.3 the end of Myth?

Post by Scoob »

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this wonderful game and kept it alive for so many years. But my question is – is 1.8.3 the end of Myth or is Project Magma still working on it when time allows?

Thanks again.
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Is 1.8.3 the end of Myth?

Post by Melekor »

We had almost no development activity in 2019, but no, 1.8.3 is not the end. We are working on 1.8.4 right now which is planned to be a very small update mostly to address issues with new versions of Mac OS X.

I have some plans for a 1.8.5 as well, only time will tell if this ends up happening.

Is there some specific issue you were hoping to see resolved with a new update?
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

No, absolutely no problems. I really appreciate what you guys have done to keep this game alive and I am glad to hear that work is still going on. It really saddens me why Take Two abandoned this game.

I bought Myth I when it was first released and then II and III and have had much pleasure playing the game over the years burning the midnight oil when I should have been working!!I guess that’s how addictive it is. I introduced it to my son when he was twelve and he’s been playing it ever since. And he’s now twenty six! He then introduced his friends to it and they now have quite a gathering of players. I sometimes join them, but they bit the crap out of me!

My question was really about the future of Myth? I drop by Project Magma quite often and hadn’t seen any news, so that’s why I asked that question.

Thanks again and hope Myth continues for many more years and bring new players onboard.

P.S. I was just wondering if Myth III and New and Tasty (HD Units) plugins are ever going to be finished as they have been in beta for sometime? Or have the developers moved on?
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Thank you for your comment, it's always nice to hear the stories about how much Myth has been a part of people's lives. Personally I was 11 when TFL came out in 97 and I will never forget playing it for the first time at the local PC shop. The graphics were so beautiful compared to contemporary games they gave me a feeling of being almost real.

As for the plugins you mentioned,
haven't tried it myself but my understanding is the Myth III plugin is already quite playable.
http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... ublic-beta

New and Tasty, the author Souly is active on the mapmaking discord. (PM me if you want an invite link). I'll let him know someone asked about it.