Myth Remake?

Talk about anything here.
buddha

Myth Remake?

Post by buddha »

Hi,

For some reason the other day I thought of Myth and Myth 2 and all the good times I had playing it in my teenage years, ended up here and through a conversation with my brother, we think there is a potential need and market for making a better game modeled on Myth, there are sites like fig.co now specifically for like a kickstarter for games, just wanted to see if there might be any interest out there in putting together a pitch to them to do this? I never got to play deadhold but it looked really cool, I think there must be thousands of people out there who loved Myth and now have careers with money who would pitch in some dollars to do this!

Best,
Michael
Jon God

Re: Myth Remake?

Post by Jon God »

I was one of the developers on Deadhold. It was a lot of fun. :D

Another game to try out is Nordic Warriors: https://www.nordicwarriorsgame.com
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

The trick is trying to get Take Two to agree to allowing someone to use the license. From what I have heard, past conversations trying to make this happen have not gone anywhere. I think Myth fans would be very happy for a Remake though.
nar108

Post by nar108 »

Maybe they didn't like how the Myth 3 turned out? Myth: TFL and Myth: 2 are still some of my favorite games to play. The 3rd one didn't really do anything for me, personally.

I would love a remake! I'd even be down for a complete remaster of the originals 2 games for Windows 10.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

nar108 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:31 pm Maybe they didn't like how the Myth 3 turned out? Myth: TFL and Myth: 2 are still some of my favorite games to play. The 3rd one didn't really do anything for me, personally.

I would love a remake! I'd even be down for a complete remaster of the originals 2 games for Windows 10.
Myth 3 was made in like 8 months or something. It's a surprise it even opened. It's not a good game, but I don't blame the developers, they had an unwinnable situation.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
killerking

Post by killerking »

nar108 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:31 pm Maybe they didn't like how the Myth 3 turned out? Myth: TFL and Myth: 2 are still some of my favorite games to play. The 3rd one didn't really do anything for me, personally.

Remasters are how game studios seem to make their money these days. We've seen Starcraft remade, warcraft reforged ('refunded' edition'), WoW classic. Heck, even Hearthstone will soon get a 'classic mode' added. It really is a shame the rights are not with bungie anymore :(