Deadfall II: Outbreak - Public beta

Talk about anything here.
Jon God

Deadfall II: Outbreak - Public beta

Post by Jon God »

Deadfall's been in private beta far too long, and people that don't know where to find it So it's high time it's been made more publicly available.

3/30/2023 - Deadfall 2: Outbreak goes into public beta.

While it's still got a ways to go, the amount of improvements over the original release in 2009 is so insane, I'd be nuts to let this sit in private beta forever.

I hope to gain feedback from the beta to make the final product better.

Welcome to Deadfall 2: Outbreak.

When the original Deadfall came out, it boasted quite a bit of content, and a number of different play modes, but it also was something that was thrown together in under a year, and so the limitations of my timing back then lead to a number of bugs and other issues in the base plugin. Balance problems in versus and more.

Worry (hopefully) no longer, as this update, originally dubbed Deadfall 1.1 has morphed into a sequel project aimed at rectifying as many criticisms as I could get for the original release. So without further ado...

Here's a snazzy little bullet point list:

- 40 maps (up from 15 in 1.0)
- 10 zombie types (up from 2 in 1.0)
- 8 level campaign (New in 2.0)
- 10 classes (up from 8 in 1.0)
- Expanded Waves modes (Was supported on 1 level in 1.0, now on all levels, with multiple options!)
- Versus multiplayer supports respawning with different spawn points.
- Completely redesigned coop balance
- Infection levels are now playable in coop offline. (New in 2.0)
- Zeph's coops return!
- 3 completely original gametypes! (not found in the original!)
- Balanced competitive gameplay (New in 2.0)
- New renders for all marines, now each class has a unique look! (New in 2.0)
- Redone tag work and graphics to make it look and run far better than it did in the past! (New in 2.0)

Now keep in mind, this is currently in public beta, there are issues, and hopefully they will be fixed as they are found. Leave reviews here, messages on the forum, or hit me up on Discord.

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/d ... i-outbreak

I still need testing in some key places:
1. Competitive balance - In both FFA and Versus, this needs testing!
2. Versus scripting - Please, I need to test the game types! (Assault and FPS Style CTF)
3. Campaign balance - After tweaking friendly fire damage rates, I think it'll be more fair, and less of "Play for 10 minutes, and then have a friend shoot you in the back and end the level". I need more feedback though.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD