The seventh god - Is it any good?

Talk about anything here.
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

Hey all. Since I can't get the Seventh God to work, I figured I'd ask you guys if its any good before I bust my balls trying to get it to frikken work for me. I read that there's alot of new units and such. Did anyone else have a problem getting it to work? As I was saying before in another post, it always dumps me back out to the main menue whenever I try to load up the first level. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm pretty sure its got something to do with incompatibility with the latest Myth 2 patch, as the game requires a 1.3 patch that comes with the download in order to play. Unfortunately, the patch file that came with my download is "corrupted" so I can't apply it. I'll say this again just in case someone with the Seventh God reads this-if someone could send the 1.3 patch file in an attachment to Robotom@compusmart.ab.ca I would really REALLY appreciate it. Thanks all, you guys are great.
Thanos
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

I'm not sure what you meant by the patch file being corrupted ... and you don't apply it as such, you simply move the existing Patch 1.3 in your plugins folder to somewhere safe, then put the TSG one there.

Its definitely worth the effort getting the plugin IMHO :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

Hey Iron, thanks for the response. The file being corrupted means that there was a problem or glitch in the connection during the download. It just means that I can't extract the file from its compressed state. I can extract the Seventh God plugin itself, but not the patch. Hence my horrendous aggravation. Do you think you could send the 1.3 patch that came with your Seventh God download in an attachment to Robotom@compusmart.ab.ca ? I wouldn't be able to thank you enough if you could. It would save me a good three or four nights of downloading time with my dial-up if you did, and thats if I can even find a server to DL it from. Thanks in advance.
Thanos
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
Horus

Post by Horus »

Thanos, what Iron said was to move the 1.3 patch from the plugins folder and put the TSG one in, note you'll already have the 1.3 patch since it comes with all updates of Myth and you need it to play regular myth, heh.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

That probably wouldn't make much of a time difference as the patch iirc is the bulk of the 7th god campaign
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

I must be saying this wrong. I realize that I already have the 1.3 patch within my plugins folder. I also understand that I need to move the old 1.3 patch out of my plugins folder and replace it with the patch contained within the Seventh God download. The problem is, the Seventh God file that I downloaded has a corrupted patch file. This means that I cannot extract the new 1.3 patch from the download in order to replace the old 1.3 patch. Does that make sense? Anyways, it would still really help me out if someone could send it to me. I really want to try all these new levels. Thanks everyone.
Thanos
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
Alucard

Post by Alucard »

It isn't played enuf though =- (

Some ppl are intimidated (cowards) by the massive size of the plugin and such i think....

or they don't want to DL it with a 56k modem
In the end only the fittest survive in this world. If you are strong you live, if you are weak, you die.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Poor Thanos, I can see you had to explain yourself more than once about the corrupted file. I would have wanted to kill somebody if I had to do that. :roll: Well at least I would have been angry. So you only need the Patch 1.3 file from TSG stuff? Has anybody sent it to you already? If not respond... if yes then forget about it.

-Pyro
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

No, nobuddy's sent it to me Pyro. Thanks for finally getting what I was talking about! I couldn't thank you enough if you send me that patch file. Just please make sure that its the patch file contained within the Seventh God download and not the normal 1.3 patch. Once again, my email is Robotom@compusmart.ab.ca I can't wait to try these new levels. Thanks in advance Pyro.
P.S-please leave a response here so I know you've sent it to me. Thanks again.
Thanos
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
Unkfolt

Post by Unkfolt »

Alucard wrote:Some ppl are intimidated (cowards) by the massive size of the plugin and such i think....

or they don't want to DL it with a 56k modem
I got someone else with cable to download it, then just had them burn it to CD and put it on my comp in a few minutes. It was very efficieant. :)
"Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known."
-Carl Sagan
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

you would be just as well off just downloading the whole file again, the patch file included is the large majority of the download.
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Where can I download The Seventh God again? I can't find it anywhere, and the PlayMyth.net link is broken/not found.

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Thanos...as I think Haravikk or Iron commented the 1.3 patch of TSG IS the bulk of it...its a 193 megabyte download...about 180 of those megs is the 1.3 patch. So in answer to your question of somebody sending via email...no. Out of the question....your best bet is to re-download the entire plugin. I think hl.Udogs.net hosts it...type that into your browser and search the files directory. If not try hotline.clanplaid.net or hotline.clanmacgaming.com. I know at least one of those locations hosts TSG in its original form. I know that AFTER you dl the original you can go to hl.udogs.net and get the 1.4 update that GHOST was working on....it fixes some bugs you will experience playing TSG on the 1.4 setup. As for the plugin being worth the download? YES...it's not some new units....the whole campaign of 18 levels is new units. New models. New Colourmaps. New Storyline. A New Standard to Bear. The Seventh God, Coming soon. ok ok ok I got carried away there...but you get the idea :D One of the, if not THE greatest 3rd party TC campaign for Myth 2. Every myther should at least play it through once :) Some people dont like the new style of gameplay that the new units sometimes require, but I loved it.....keep truckin on getting that plug to work :) Hope this post is some sort of help to you after all those above it :/
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

Graydon, I'm afraid that neither of those hotline links you provide still exist. The first link does, but they don't have The Seventh God availiable there. So, I've got no idea where to get it. I was only suggesting sending the 1.3 patch file if you have a high speed DSL or Satellite connection. I would glady redownload the Seventh God if I could find it. Alas, the chances of ever finding a server to get it from seem remote. Anyways, I've given up on this. Maybe Take2 will include The Seventh God in their Myth:Worlds collection they are supposedly releasing sometime in the near future.
Thanos
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

weird....those servers are still up dont worry. Do you have a hotline client? I never bothered to try those in the browswer....i know it works for Udogs.....If you have a hotline client use those addresses to try to connect via hotline. You CAN get the files that way. Yes Highspeed works.....but your email cant hold a 180 meg file. Gauranteed. If you have AIM or something of the like I could hook you up with the file....Dont give up on it yet though man...its worth it. Download Hotline from versiontracker.com or something of the like.... tucows.com has it too I think. If you're on a mac with osX use an app called Frogblast....its more user friendly. Drop me a PM or something if you need more help :)