Bungie unit models

Talk about anything here.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

are you stupid or just ignorant? i'd hope the second one. those are CIK's models.
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

GodzFire wrote:
I've already tried to contact CIK.
I understand this, but I didn't 'try' to contact him - he eventually replied to me and was very clear in his response.

So yeah, you and Zeph can quit bitching at each other... first of all, I dunno why Myth III models are even coming up in this conversation. I e-mailed CIK specifically about the Bungie stuff. It exists (SOME of it - as a screenshot on the Tain shows, there are things missing) and for now he's holding onto it.

End of.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Guys, I'm friends with a guy whose email is "jasonjones190@gmail.com" and he says he can't find the models.

DEFINITIVE PROOF THERE ARE NO MORE MODELS.
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

*sigh*

Sometimes I just don't get people. Someone has access to all the source files, that could help a small community, and they hide them away, and leave the community...

I would think if you were leaving the community, you would let other people work with what you had, since you're not going to get any fame off of it or anything.

I suppose there's nothing to be done, and it's a real shame, but as I said, sometimes I just don't understand people.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

some people like to know they are known, they need all the attention to themselves. I have to admit I'm like that a little, but I'd never hide myth stuff so people kneel down on me. That said, if anyone needs the myth3 models, I'll be glad to give you access!
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

yea its sucks people seem to have or used to have models or other things that the community would really love to get ahold of! Such treasures would really help people like myth modders nowadays, but its lost or whatever they dont wanna share it.

But even if something like all the 3d models for myth 2 were released, people would still have to learn a over 11 year old animation program and then render all the animations and make new super high res collections.

It can be done, but never forget it is also a lot of work.
Peach Out
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Zeph wrote:some people like to know they are known, they need all the attention to themselves. I have to admit I'm like that a little, but I'd never hide myth stuff so people kneel down on me. That said, if anyone needs the myth3 models, I'll be glad to give you access!
Exactly.

I understand wanting attention, or recognition, but if you really want that, make something that will make you famous. Honestly, if the way you plan to get attention is to withhold stuff, then you will only be remembered by annoyance.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

You've hit the nail on the head there. There was once a time where I wouldn't have had a bad word to say about Stufflebean or Bagnall. One of them made great colourmaps, the other one ran a site that I occasionally enjoyed the use of.

There is absolutely no dignity in the idea of a grown man having a tantrum and locking away Myth materials *that are not his to lock away in the first place* before disappearing from the community.
One can hope that this isn't how they conduct themselves in the real world...
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

William Wallet wrote:There is absolutely no dignity in the idea of a grown man having a tantrum and locking away Myth materials *that are not his to lock away in the first place* before disappearing from the community.
I am not a big fan or nor am I approving of the way certain 'farewells' were handled, but your comment about 'locking away' myth materials "that are not his to lock away in the first place' is a little off base.

True the materials in question were mostly not created BY him, but the COPIES he had were his and he could do whatever he wanted with them. Same as if you hosted a free MP3 sharing site where musicians could upload COPIES of their songs for free and people could download them for free and then someday you shut down the site for whatever reason. You don't OWE eiher the musicians or the visitors to your site copies of your copies of the MP3 files. It would be NICE to share them, but there's really no moral or ethical imperative to give anyone copies of your copies. [an exception I could see would be a musician/mapmaker who lost his own copies of songs/maps and asked site owner for copies.]
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

I think its time to stop holding a grudge over other people who quit game years ago. If they dont want to share they dont want to share. Not to mention if they are reading the forums they are really not going to dish out the models. Let it go. We'll find a way or something will go on. I cant imagine wanting the models too much for an afk community...
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Deqlyn wrote:I think its time to stop holding a grudge over other people who quit game years ago. If they dont want to share they dont want to share. Not to mention if they are reading the forums they are really not going to dish out the models. Let it go. We'll find a way or something will go on. I cant imagine wanting the models too much for an afk community...
I am not meaning to dish any dirt or insult any of these people, I am just puzzled at human behavior.

I wouldn't mind trying to talk to these people, but I am sure you guys already have tried.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

vinylrake wrote:
I am not a big fan or nor am I approving of the way certain 'farewells' were handled, but your comment about 'locking away' myth materials "that are not his to lock away in the first place' is a little off base.
I don't see how. This isn't a question of someone being compelled to hand stuff out for moral or ethical reasons. My post was purely about Stufflebean/Bagnall being dicks.

It's not really what you do but how you do it. All of the people with these materials have opted to do the same thing and hold onto them. Some of them were dicks about it, whereas the one I spoke to wasn't; in fact he was quite nice!
Maybe I'm playing God and making too big a judgement, but I say that if someone is decent in their conduct then they aren't the worst person to be watching over old Bungie stuff.
If someone has a hissy fit because he's not being appreciated and locks his "Everything Related to Myth" DVDs in a cabinet behind the Ark of the Covenant, then that falls into dick territory.

I believe I oversimplified my point of view with the "that are not his to lock away in the first place" comment, though, and you're right to point it out.
As far as I'm concerned, no one ought to have the stuff, but they do, and it's out amongst 2 or 3 or so people, and to me that means it's leaked and it doesn't matter if it leaks further. Big whoop...

But if it's going to be kept by a small group of people, or even one individual, I'd prefer it to be someone that conducts themselves in a decent manner. Not people like... well I name-dropped enough earlier up the page.
With someone like CIK I feel that they're safe, with a (perhaps far off in the future) feeling that something productive can be done with them and that they're being preserved in the best interests of us few Myth types.
With Bagnall or Stufflebean, it's more like they've got some photos of an old girlfriend from high school and they'd rather just leave it at the bottom of a drawer and forget about it. Nevermind the fact that there's people around who want to make sterling Myth content with that girlfriend.

Well, that's where the analogy loses it's footing, but I was onto something.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Deqlyn wrote:I think its time to stop holding a grudge over other people who quit game years ago. If they dont want to share they dont want to share. Not to mention if they are reading the forums they are really not going to dish out the models. Let it go. We'll find a way or something will go on. I cant imagine wanting the models too much for an afk community...
Indeed, I've been (on and off) lobbying for this stuff for too long now. My attitude remains, 'if it happens, nice, if it doesn't, oh well'. The Myther in me, though, just knows that at least one cool thing could be done with authentic Bungie materials. Wouldn't it be nice?

*ahem* but anyway. I'm going to go see what Ren is arguing about in that other thread.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

My post was purely about Stufflebean/Bagnall being dicks.
How do you know that these people aren't working to get the models out?

I am working with someone who HAS the models and is going thru their archives to try to compile them for me. Sure hope they dont read this article..... not holding my breath any longer

"No one is to blame but everyone else".....

gg

-Deqlyn of the point your finger brigade
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Well it's like this - I can only go by what I know.
Say I'm a Marconi operator at sea and the last signal I get from the Titanic is 'blow me you commie scumbag', then I'm going to have to go with my gut and say that their operator is a bit of a dick.
If I'm not there to see that he's actually doing his job and messaging for assistance, then I'd never know - until someone else tells me, of course.

Last time I heard from those two, they were acting like unspeakables. If they've wizened or softened or forgotten what it was that the community was arguing about (or simply no longer care) then good for them and I'm happy to hear it.
Since I don't talk to them, how would I know?

I have a policy on the internet; I'm happy to be proven wrong. You'll have to forgive me for being at least a little belligerent though, I've had a few disappointments here and there ...