[Open Beta] Shards of the Ermine

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
paladin MAIK

Re: [Open Beta] Shards of the Ermine

Post by paladin MAIK »

Karex wrote:Hi everybody,

In these moments I am playing this wonderful map, I had some problems in level 2 (Borogovo) because the Russian language is unknown to me and I had to guess what the objectives were (it helped a lot the dialogues of the characters).

When I played the level, there were a couple of problems, which I could solve with some experimentation:

1_When I use the red dwarf to collect the fragments of the world knot, I can never regain control of it, it remains hidden and blue, leaving the game suspended indefinitely. To solve it, do not use it more in this work.

2_When collecting the last fragment of the world knot, it activates itself, allowing to transport the characters that are inside, which is a logical error, because it has not yet been completely repaired and should not work until the dwarf introduces the piece Missing The same thing does not happen, but it is a detail to correct.

3_When the world knot is activated, without the dwarf having arrived with the last fragment, the rest of the characters can be transported, but ... if they are all sent to another side, without that last dwarf has arrived with the piece missing, the game does not end, but remains open, without characters indefinitely. I solved it, leaving at least one character outside the world knot, waiting for the dwarf to arrive with the missing fragment. Once he put it in his place, this dwarf retrieves his yellow square, disappears from the map and there, yes, I introduced the character that I had left out intentionally. The game ended, showed the summary of the battle and allowed to move to the next level.

4_It was very difficult to find the fragment that was missing. It was very useful, the comment that explained that it was on a rock and that a lightning hit it sending it away. I had heard the dialogue and the lightning, but I had never related them, although it seemed strange to me. I think the problem of the fragment falling into the lake, has already been solved, because it never happened to me. The fragment fell right on the edge of the lake and the dwarf could pick it up without problems.

5_Now I'm on the next level, "Caern Cadarn" very good and wild, but it's exasperating to see that the warlocks on the left and right of the map, do not take any care in destroying their own companions, they attack indiscriminately and the friendly fire is equal of mortal for them (incredibly, there is no friendly fire in the enemy ...), ending the game when all the defenders die. I think it would be better for the player to control the three fronts (all characters with yellow square) because even though I send troops to cover and support the flanks, when the last of the original defenders dies, the game ends.
Excellent the map, hopefully these details could be corrected.
Thanks to its creators!
regards
Hi Karex. This plugin made by me (and peoples who makes all this 5 color maps [MESHES] for The Tain Community, You can see all creations in end cutscene [need Apple Quicktime]). I start this plugin a long time ago and the last version - Shards of the Ermine [RE]. Most bugs and errors was fixed. Yes, one of the "World knot's" stones can fall into Deep Water and you cannot pick up it. Can help only "restart level" button. Sorry about that, I so tired making "Shards of the Ermine" and "Siege of Belmont". This mods takes so much time. I threw it many times but comeback to finish it. So as you can see its not ideal.
I think it would be better for the player to control the three fronts
You can control all 3 squads. Just move one of your units near yellow squad and you will hear "NEW UNITS RECEIVED".

Not necessary installing "Russian localization' for play. Shards of the Ermain developed on English. I glad to hear what you like my plugin (and will be happy if you write Overview on download page :wink: ) Unfortunately I cannot complete ideal version (so hard making this alone and I do not want comeback to Myth MapMaker (plugin maker). Deadhold gave me not best mark (than I helping Deadhold Team with their game). I have not free time and opportunities for this. Sorry about this.

Cheers
--------
MAIK