Green Berets tagset needs fixed.

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Platinum

Green Berets tagset needs fixed.

Post by Platinum »

Anyone want to take it upon themselves to do some updating to the Green Berets plugins?

I have the Green Berets 1.2 plugin, and the tagset has some bugs. On ANY type of stair of grief map (experts, mythic, regular, etc) the units are frozen in place at the start and cannot be moved at all. There are some other maps like "The Wall" where this happens too, but the units are stuck underwater instead.

Also, the enemy units while playing with the tagset don't attack until they are within a foot or two from your units. In the Green Berets campaign, they shoot from the normal distance, making it much more difficult. Its so easy to mow down the enemy when using the tagset on any other coop map because they don't shoot until they are standing next to you. VC Snipers seem to be the only unit that shoots from the proper distance.
Platinum

Re: Green Berets tagset needs fixed.

Post by Platinum »

Also noticed the campaign levels, ARVN soldiers are used in place of Green Berets for your units.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I'm not the one to fix it, but I verified that the units are indeed stuck on stair of grief. Wrong snow passability flags I guess?
Point

Post by Point »

I believe Ozone did the similar to what I did in wava and used snow passablity for roads so units could move faster on certain areas of the maps... The straight up conversion of the map levels of myth II with enabling the tagset will not likely work... there is likely a modified coop version out there that would though the tagset is for use with more gb specific maps i would bet.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Other big issue is the range of the Viet Cong units. They don't shoot their guns until they are a few feet away from you. Solo campaign for Green Berets they are scripted fine, but the tagset has the issues. Even on a map where you control the VC, they have the range of a regular dwarf when it comes to them shooting, whether you click on an enemy or control click the ground.