Having a problem with game screen size and tagsets

Talk about anything here.
Emerson

Having a problem with game screen size and tagsets

Post by Emerson »

I am trying to get back to playing Myth after years away. I am having problems setting up on new computer with Windows 10. I used to have all this down, but lost it. First, I set up with original disk. I can play Myth II Soulblighter, but it comes out with only about 1/6th of screen filled and I can't enlarge. Also, when trying to play Myth TFL I get message "Myth does not have enough swap space...". Also I am having trouble getting any tagsets to show for selection. The box for selection is empty. I tried downloading the Blue/ Grey variation, moved into plugins, but still don't see it. I used to love playing a civil war version in a fort. Not sure where I load the new maps either. Not sure where to direct downloads from this site. Also, not sure how to load "Fear and Loathing". Sorry for all the questions, but I am not getting anywhere. Any help appreciated as I really liked this game. Thanks.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Having a problem with game screen size and tagsets

Post by Pyro »

First, make sure you are on the latest versions. Updating may help with your screen issues. For Myth II, the latest is 1.8.2 with a 1.8.3 beta out. The beta requires that you are on 1.8.2 first. You can find those updates and the plugins at the Tain: http://tain.totalcodex.net/

To use plugins, you must extract them from their zip file, then place them in the Myth II/plugins/ directory. Not in a sub-folder. If the plugin contains a map and is not just a tagset that changes units, it will be listed in the Campaign/Mapset listing. For tagsets, you will have to click on Tagsets and double click on whatever you want to enable.

As for Myth TFL, that has not been updated in years. Last version was 1.5. I think Melekor made a launcher that helps with certain situations. Though you can play the TFL campaign on Myth2, read this for details.
Emerson

Post by Emerson »

Thanks for the response. It was helpful. I can get certain solos, but still not Fort Mazz, which was my favorite. I am going to detail problems a bit more in anew post.

Thanks again.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Post your Myth_log please so it can be seen what Myth is seeing. Also you can just delete your duplicate threads asking the same thing and keep using this one, it's fine.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Emerson wrote:I installed 1.8.3 and am having problems with the game size. It is only about 25% of screen and I cannot get to fill screen. Any ideas on how to expand to full size.

Thanks.
Is the game too small when it's on the main menu, or when you are playing a map, or both?

Have you tried increasing the game resolution in preferences and/or using fullscreen mode?

If you are on windows, you can try the "pixel zoom" setting which is available from the context menu (right click on myth's taskbar icon or on the myth window titlebar). (EDIT: pixel zoom is only available on our recently updated versions, so make sure you are updated)