installing Myth II on raspberry pi?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Bazborg

installing Myth II on raspberry pi?

Post by Bazborg »

Hello --

I'm having trouble installing Myth II on a raspberry pi 4. I have install disks for mac, windows, and linux, but I guess the ARM architecture is a sticking point. I do have DOSbox installed on the pi, but I still can't figure out how to do an install. I have an updated OS, and using the Twister interface. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bazborg

UPDATE
First of all, it's Box86, not DOSbox. My mistake. Second, using WINE I was able to start the process of installing the game, but it quit before actually writing any files. I'm still eager for help! Thanks.
Eddaweaver

Re: installing Myth II on raspberry pi?

Post by Eddaweaver »

A native ARM-compiled update would be more useful...
Bazborg

Post by Bazborg »

Yep, if someone had an itch to produce an ARM version that would be sweet, but I will NOT be asking someone else to do extra work considering. . .

I was finally able to get a windows version of Myth II installed and updated using WINE. It was crashing at first, but I changed the video preference to "software" and it seems stable.

This won't be replacing my mac for meeting up with my friend for some epic battles every Saturday night (20 years and counting, despite living states away), but I've been wanting a way to be able to keep playing even if my present hardware dies. I'm looking forward to 20 more years of battle, beer, and snack-time.

Bazborg
macace911

Post by macace911 »

I don't know if you're still interested in this but I did get Myth 2 installed on a raspberry pi 4 with graphics acceleration. It runs using box86 in a wine wrapper program called Lutris on TwisterOS 2.0.2. There is on bug where the graphics glitch out when returning to a menu but it works pretty good otherwise. I made a video on it so if you want to see how the install works and how it performs, you can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEHQYrMlrc8

Hope this helps! Enjoy!