Myth 2 halts at black screen

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
obblinox1

Re: Myth 2 halts at black screen

Post by obblinox1 »

that build started right up i will give a bit to see if the build you sent me will still start up then as well.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I got 21H1 installed as well as the latest drivers. Unfortunately it still doesn't reproduce on my system, so I can't easily test ideas for how to fix the problem.

All I know is that not calling GetDeviceGammaRamp at all should fix the issue... but that means disabling gamma support completely (as in the special build I posted above). If we get more reports of the same issue I may consider doing just that, since gamma is a relatively unimportant feature compared to being able to start the game up.
obblinox1

Post by obblinox1 »

that build that you send me i tested through the first and second myth with no faults or errors at any point for either load up or play through. hopefully with a bit more time soon i will attempt to see if i can correct that gamma error if i do and can run the gamma version again i will let you know.