Mazzarin's Demise 6 / VI - Thoughts / Suggestions / Comments

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
kurt

Post by kurt »

In Myth 3 him I think a shade for me :)
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Yeah but in Myth 3 he's dead =)
In Mazzarin's Demise it's supposed to be turning the tide and somehow managing to defeat the Watcher instead of getting killed by him :)
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

How many time can Mazz demise? It should be called the Watcher's Demise.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

To be fair, statistically I'd say Mazz's Demise is way more common than Watcher's Demise in Mazz games...
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Mazzarin's Demise VI : Let's Watch Cid Crash On Startup Three Times Before He Finally Loads And Crashes At One Hour Thirty Minutes In.

Also known as LWCCOSTTBHFLACAOHTMI.
-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Industry

Post by Industry »

Cid, that aka is way too long. But I think I will use the subset, FLACAOHTMI, since its pronounceable, and a fairly common event (especially when I fail to free up some swap space). Not for Mazz VI mind you because I don't have it, but other plugs...
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Um... I just got a chance to read this topic. Oddly enough I played Mazz 5 and felt like changing it too, just for my own amusement of course. However, I have very few scripting skills and have not altered the map yet. I do have a near complete set of fully functional units though (scripted abilities aside) My idea constists of a sort of less complicated, more back to basics style of gameplay.
The players get control of heron guards, archers, 2 avatara and mazz. There are no special artifacts for hgs and arcs (other than fire arrows and mandrakes) nor is there for mazz or avatara. The avatara and mazz simply start out with 9 spells and dispersal dream)

+Fire Magic (primaray/secondary)
+Wind Magic (primaray/secondary)
+Lightning Magic (primaray/secondary)
+Ice Magic (primaray/secondary)
+Healing (mana based)
+Holding (similar to Alric vs. Balor (TFL) (stoning 4 mazz)
+Shielding
+Teleport
+The ability to pick up warlock staff heads and turn them into explosive fire arrows (Mazz has binding dream instead)

(Mazz spells are all more powerful versions of avatara spells.)

The Enemies:
Ghasts
Wights
Lich (NOT CURRENT-the original M2 pre-release thrall)
Thrall
Bonemen
Lyche??? (Amber anyone?)
Shades (abilities: dispersal dream, small cloudkill/hold, lightning attack similar to kyrilla's from chimera, large cloudkill)
Warlocks (small fireball, large fireball, ring of fire)(the only units that can be turned)
If any of your units happen to die they will be brought back and turned against you as ghosts. Ghosts can only be damaged by being healed.

Mini-boss: Moytirra (SP?) (Warlock founder mentioned in M3)More powerful warlock spells + hellfire.

The Watcher (Many more abilities!!!) and hopefully scripted en masse necromancy.

If anyone would be interested in implementing them in a mazz map, the tags are yours.
druik

Post by druik »

I made an account on this forum just to say this:

Whoever came out with the idea of wraiths(de-veting enemies) should be shot. Not all of us can get 14 people to play maz with and thus, cannot constantly be vigilant against invisible enemies, wights are bad enough, wraiths are just there to irritate.

They should be taken out. The eyeballs are irritating as well but the wraiths are 100x more so.

That is all
Isus

Druik

Post by Isus »

Druik is just mad cause his strider got pwnt.

A temprorary setback

We WILL be the first 5 man team to defeat the new mazz on legendary.

Mark our words

- The A team (Druik, Isus, Modi, Maxwell, Rabican)
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

As mentioned in another thread, Wraiths are here to stay in Mazzarin's Demise 6, but they will no longer completely devet a unit in one hit.

Also, Mazz 6 is designed with options so you won't need a 14 man team to play. If I do say so myself, one of the most clever things about Mazz 6 is five players will be able to play and micromanage units - while sacrificing nothing in terms of the challenge.

Good luck to your team. :)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

ChrisP wrote:Also, Mazz 6 is designed with options so you won't need a 14 man team to play. If I do say so myself, one of the most clever things about Mazz 6 is five players will be able to play and micromanage units - while sacrificing nothing in terms of the challenge.
That IS something I'm looking forward to then, I know so faR I've only ranted about it sucking :D
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

I think it would be fun to have ambient life running around that would drop some of the various artifacts available (or healing spells, or whatever) if you chased them down and killed them.
Industry

Post by Industry »

Quick. Someone get that Squirel of Healling!
Baak

Post by Baak »

Industry wrote:Quick. Someone get that Squirrel of Healing!
lol! Had an image of exactly how those little critters got the artifact in the first place, and where it ended up - but decided to pass on describing the details...

BTW, do you have to eat a Squirrel of Healing? Or rub it on your head? Just curious.
Point

mazz 6

Post by Point »

theres still my quick mazarines remize plug that has castle and fort mazz in it feel free to expand include or call herasy :)

in my udogs folder
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.