What's left for Myth?

Talk about anything here.
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

in game mute please
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Autumn Demon wrote:in game mute please
wait a second and horde of mythers will scream "hell NO, dont mess with our myth, its fine how it is now" ;)

Dont forget that beeing insulted by n00ba and rank h00ra in game was always very important part of Myth :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ah, and also:

"this is overall a bad idea and will just make the game easier for noobs that didnt learn yet how to keep flag contestet with Trow and insult other players in same time.... " ;)

:D
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Autumn wasn't being serious - he knows it won't happen even if he wants it.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Perhaps a updated color map for vTFL? Force Ten from Stoneheim is pretty bland.
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

I'd like to see QuickTime support for cutscenes. Smacker is a crappy codec in today's world (don't get me wrong - it was great back in '98 when we all had 8-bit graphics). Besides, Smacker doesn't work with Intel Macs and the tools to create .smk files are Windows only.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Cobalt 7 wrote:Perhaps a updated color map for vTFL? Force Ten from Stoneheim is pretty bland.
HOW DARE YOU. I love that map. But really, thats a cmap thing that you can fix yourself, myth doesn't need an update for it :P

-DA
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Death's Avatar wrote:
Cobalt 7 wrote:Perhaps a updated color map for vTFL? Force Ten from Stoneheim is pretty bland.
HOW DARE YOU. I love that map. But really, thats a cmap thing that you can fix yourself, myth doesn't need an update for it :P

-DA
That's not even vTFL related. That color map is in The Fallen Levels plugin.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Whats left for Myth.. Hmmm!

It's an awful feeling, but I suppose most of it get it one day. I came into the Christmas holidays last year thinking 'woo, spare time, I'll be able to finish my plugin, start playing with the Myth Jumpers, etc'.

When the holidays started, I suddenly found I simply didn't want to do it anymore. Simply can't be boned. Not to say I don't love Myth and all the time I spent on it, but... comes a point where I'd rather spend time on something else.

Doesn't that suck??
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
AblitERateOR

Post by AblitERateOR »

Killswitch wrote:I'd like to see QuickTime support for cutscenes. Smacker is a crappy codec in today's world (don't get me wrong - it was great back in '98 when we all had 8-bit graphics). Besides, Smacker doesn't work with Intel Macs and the tools to create .smk files are Windows only.
I'd love that too, but i know its been discussed and the developers didnt seem keen. It sounded like it would take a lot of work just to add the cutscenes in
Mac OSX 1.4.9
Intel 1.83 Dual Core iMac
1GB RAM
Baak

Post by Baak »

William Wallet wrote:It's an awful feeling, but I suppose most of it get it one day. I came into the Christmas holidays last year thinking 'woo, spare time, I'll be able to finish my plugin, start playing with the Myth Jumpers, etc'.

When the holidays started, I suddenly found I simply didn't want to do it anymore. Simply can't be boned. Not to say I don't love Myth and all the time I spent on it, but... comes a point where I'd rather spend time on something else.

Doesn't that suck??
Been there - more than once.

For me it just means I need a break and if I get back into it great, if not, there's plenty of stuff already created just waiting to be played. :)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

After MWCs I usually can't be bothered for 2 - 3 months. All the activity during that period means more fun games to play so even after I'm eliminated from the tournament its a fun time to be around. I play a lot from May - August, it slowly fades away until mid-November I'm barely playing. I'll have bursts of activity (e.g. the last 2 weeks) but effectively I don't play.

I think if I kept playing constantly I'd get more bored though. Its more fun having the routine to re-excite myself about the game.

We have a vTFL tournament on PlayMyth.net this year though (two if the PMA do something as part of the grand Myth Anniversary stuff they keep going on about - I can't think of much else they can do and a new site look and Myth III v1.4 don't sound that important to me) which should be fun. I never played much TFL/vTFL but it'll be a laugh.

http://m2v.atomicgamer.com - prepare <3
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

i was being serious about in-game mute. sounds like a great idea to me. much needed for myth.

here's another idea: NO AUTO ATTACK!
auto attack is stupid. no one ever leaves their units thinking "i'll just stop watching w/ no worries cuz when the enemy comes my units will just auto attack them"
auto attack has only ever been the result of accidental team killing. puss ghols... dorfs... locks... morts... they would all be better off if they didn't auto attack the enemy.
yes, people can just press space bar. but often people forget, and there's really no use of auto attack.
and auto attack isn't just thwarted by space bar. aslo, if you tell a ghol to puss something, and that something dies, then the ghol will m auto attack the closest enemy unit, usually team killing.

auto attack sucks
really sucks
myth would be better off w/o it
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Autumn Demon wrote:auto attack is stupid. no one ever leaves their units thinking "i'll just stop watching w/ no worries cuz when the enemy comes my units will just auto attack them"
auto attack has only ever been the result of accidental team killing. puss ghols... dorfs... locks... morts... they would all be better off if they didn't auto attack the enemy.

"no one ever leaves their units thinking i'll just stop watching ..."

AND

"auto attack has only ever been the result of accidental team killing."

These two lines contradict each other. Say it is true the player will be watching their units and there is no need for auto attacking... but if the player is really, actually, definitely watching how do their units auto attack without the player telling them to stop? Besides the player doesn't always have a few set of units. It does get hard to look all over the map at your units... you already have to do that to begin with... without auto attacking you have to do it more often and faster. Imagine playing a game with the overhead map off! If you don't want accidental team killing separate those units. I mean what type of player (for example) has their wight(s) RIGHT next to their other units? Someone who needs more Myth experience thats for sure. Treat your pus-carrying ghols as small wights. Keep them away. Period.

Why don't you just make a plugin to remove auto attacking. Each unit has certain activation values in their monster tag in Fear. Make them all zeroes and poof. Now your units are as brainless as you wanted them to be.
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

another idea:
there should be an option in pregame screen that lets you select if you will be made captain or not in random games.
i play a lot of big 2team random games, and often there will be players who dont know trades or how to captain effectively. these players usually hate being captain and moan for teams to be made so they cant randomly be made captain.
AblitERateOR

Post by AblitERateOR »

Autumn Demon wrote:another idea:
there should be an option in pregame screen that lets you select if you will be made captain or not in random games.
i play a lot of big 2team random games, and often there will be players who dont know trades or how to captain effectively. these players usually hate being captain and moan for teams to be made so they cant randomly be made captain.
Personally i think this is a horrible idea. The best way to learn how to captain is to be captain, not to avoid it. Yeah you may make some screwed up trades at first and make some mistakes, but so what, thats how you learn.
Mac OSX 1.4.9
Intel 1.83 Dual Core iMac
1GB RAM